News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2024 Tellico Plains rally.

Started by Motofun, July 10, 2024, 06:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motofun

Banging the drum for the fall rally!  It's only 2 months away.
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

DR.GTS.DUCATI.FAZER Dave

I am planning to attend, would arrive early in the week as I am prone to do and stay til the following Monday. Planning on having my motorhome and unsure which bike.
What haven't I owned, 201 different motorcycles in my life and never a Harley.

Currently
(2) FJ1200
(2) XT500
(4) 1993 Yamaha GTS1000
(4) 1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer
(2) 1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
1970's Husquavarna WR250
1974 Ossa 250 Phantom
1976 Ossa 250 Phantom
1998 Kawasaki KX250
1995 Du

gdfj12

Jack & Dave, Kris and I are planning on being there. Still figuring out the arrival and departure days.

George
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

FJscott

Motofun

The week end of 9/21.  I plan on getting there 9/17 and staying until 9/23.
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7

FJscott

I'm going to try to make it. Is Rally Headquarters at Wayne's Campground?

carey

QuoteI'm going to try to make it. Is Rally Headquarters at Wayne's Campground?

Most people are staying in cabins off Rafter road.

gdfj12

Well, it looks like we need to cancel our plans to attend the Rally. Kris is working and I have a lot to do here as well and since the weather is being cooperative we'll be taking advantage of it to get more stuff done. We will miss you all, until the Spring Rally in May.

George & Kris
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

Motofun

Only a week until some of us start showing up.  If any of you are "weather watchers" it looks like it's going to be a good week....high 70's low 80's.  NO JINX INTENDED!   :crazy:
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7

carey

Continuing with a newer rally tradition, I've finished making a pan of lasagna.  I'm thinking a group meal Wednesday or Thursday.

fjefman

Making my once ever decade post, go me.

I look forward to seeing you jackasses in Tellico. Been up there a few times in the past couple months so wanted to provide some local updates.

Road Updates. 
- There is a section of 68, about 2 miles north of Ducktown that is one way.  They are rebuilding a bridge and here is an auto light there...may take 2-3 minutes to get through it.
- Tellico River Rd. is closed...about 1/4 mile down once you get off the parkway.  It is closed for about 15 miles...the bridge at Bald River Falls is being rebuilt...so no visits to Bald river falls.

And this may be new to a few of you but there are some smaller roads in the area that are a bit fun...
Steer Creek to 318 to Reliance Road (315)
Steer Creek from 68 to Towee Falls - Ironburg - Black Mtn - 68
SR39 to SR315 (Road where the campground is)...south to Reliance...before you cross the bridge take a left and follows the signs to the Hiawassi put-in and go to the very end of the road...park and walk up to the swinging bridge across the Hiawassi..very cool.
When done head back to reliance then take a left on SR30 and take that to 64.  Go east on 64...along the Occoee River.  If you do this on Friday or Saturday there will be lots of paddlers out.

Places to Visit with GREAT FOOD!!
68 South...a few miles south of Coker Creek, there is a campground called The Hammers Hideaway on the left - New owners took it over last October and opened a new restaurant called the BlueLine Grill. Great food selection and everything I've had there is good.  Grab a peace of cake...it is all homemade by one of the cooks.

Dragon City Resort - It is on the far west side of the dragon, right where you turn off to 72.  I strongly encourage you all to stop by. Their restaurant is called The Pit Stop....the resorts New owner (Mandy) took it back over last year and the food is great - Seriously!  They smoke their own BBQ and it is so good...you can get it added to many of the dishes.  They are known for their BBQ and their burgers and Philly cheesesteaks.  Full disclosure - I have ulterior motive for sending everyone there...I'm looking to do some work with them and would really appreciate the feedback from anybody who goes there.  What did you like, what did you not like, how can they improve? How can they beat out Deals Gap and Tail of the Dragon. Honest feedback appreciate.

Anyway...lets ride...er, I am riding.  Raforth and I did a long ride from my house here to Franklin today...some of the usual roads, and some other local favorites...great weather...fall arrived early, pack for some chilly mornings and evenings.

Jeff

FJscott

I'll be arriving Wednesday late afternoon. What time and place for morning meetup Thursday?
My cell is 772.205.4317

Bill_Rockoff

Awww, man... I hate that I'm going to have to miss this one, but this is not turning out to be my year for FJ rallies.

I  missed Boone because I was ferrying my friend Bruce's car out to him in Minnesota. (Bruce rode a 1970s Moto Guzzi, he has come to Boone overnight once and has come riding with us as a day-trip a few times in recent years.)

This weekend, I will be returning from handling some family house stuff out of state.

I hope the weather is as good as the forecast predicts. I'm sad I can't be there, but it does my heart good to know you guys are going to be there.
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once