News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Fly Racing Ignitor Pro gloves

Started by aviationfred, April 07, 2024, 01:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aviationfred

A few years ago, 2019 to be exact. I left Kansas and rode out to California for the RPM Rally at the RPM facility in Oakdale. I had always used conventional riding gear.
Once I was at the Rally. Randy had the chance to show and demonstrate to me the Fly Racing Ignitor Pro, battery powered, heated glove. I was thoroughly impressed and soon after returning home, I ordered a pair.
The gloves work very well for the riding that I do during the winter. A few of my bikes have heated grips and the the gloves work extremely well with the heated grips.
The main reason for this post at this time is..... I have now actually CRASH TESTED the glove. I has wearing them when I had my recent experience being bucked off my Streetfighter. I estimate the speed to have been between 35 to 40 mph. My hands had absolutely zero trauma. The glove now have some rips and tears and probably need to be replaced. But can bet your A** that I will be ordering another pair.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor