News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

RPM fork valves cleaning/flushing

Started by jvb_ca, September 07, 2023, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvb_ca

I am re-doing front fork seals on my 86 with 91 forks fitted with Randy's RPM valves etc. Leaky seals after a few years with these forks has me doing a rebuild....seals/bushing/sliders etc. My question is, what should I be using to flush out or clean the valves? The oil was stinky, as always, and a fair bit of crud in there. Cleaning tubes and legs is easy enough, but I want to flush out/clean the valves, but not sure if varsol, or spirits are good for these? Was there some sort of thread locker used in assembly? Or am I being to anal????
Any info muchly appreciated.
Oh, new brake pads and a good cleaning of calipers and discs are in order as well, as fork oil made a mess of left side.
Cheers...Jake
Cheers...Jake
86FJ1200
Ontario

RPM - Robert

Pop the plastic seals off the outer edge and clean them with whatever you want. The rest of the parts are aluminum, brass, and stainless shims.

jvb_ca

Quote from: RPM - Robert on September 07, 2023, 03:47:22 PM
Pop the plastic seals off the outer edge and clean them with whatever you want. The rest of the parts are aluminum, brass, and stainless shims.

Perfect, Thanks Robert.  :good2:
Cheers...Jake
86FJ1200
Ontario