News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Boone 2023

Started by Motofun, February 03, 2023, 08:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carey

I ordered the firewood, and made arrangements for delivery on Wednesday afternoon.  If anybody thinks they will be arriving early on Tuesday and wants delivery a day early, let me know.

I'll bring my chainsaw.

Steve C.

A little late in posting on here but I will be at the '23 Spring Rally!
Steve C.
'17 KTM Super Duke GT
'16 Triumph Thruxton R
'14 Honda VFR800FD Interceptor
'08 Ducati HyperMotard
'08 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Track Only
'91 Yamaha FJ 1349
'79 Triumph 750 T140E
'72 Norton 750 Commando Combat
'72 Suzuki TM250J
(Yes, They All Run!!!!)

Steve C.

Still stuck in FL working on the new winter home  :Facepalm:, but will be in Boone for sure :yahoo:!
Steve C.
'17 KTM Super Duke GT
'16 Triumph Thruxton R
'14 Honda VFR800FD Interceptor
'08 Ducati HyperMotard
'08 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Track Only
'91 Yamaha FJ 1349
'79 Triumph 750 T140E
'72 Norton 750 Commando Combat
'72 Suzuki TM250J
(Yes, They All Run!!!!)

yamaha fj rider

Good Morning all. Unfortunately I won't make it this year, to the rally. Sometimes life gets in the way of fun. I will try again next year. Hope everyone has a great rally.

Best wishes

Kurt

93 FJ1200
FJ 09
YZ250X I still love 2 strokes
Tenere 700
FJR1300ES

carey

I just spoke with the Boone KOA, and there's one cabin left for the FJ group.  Any last minute stragglers in need of a cabin should call 800 562 2806.

carey

Good and bad news.   I heard from Steve C. today and he can't make the rally for health reasons.  He expects to make the Fall rally.

The good news is as a retiree, I'm making the drive a two day affair.  I'm spending Monday night, May 15th at a Harvest Host site.  If anyone wants the meet me at Franklin County Distilleries in Boones Mill, VA on Monday night, let me know because I'm buying  :biggrin:

gdfj12

Carey, are you getting some product to bring to Boone? We will be in Boone on Tuesday. Unfortunately I do not have facilities to make beef jerky, so I won't be bringing any unless I break down and buy some. But it won't be as good as mine. :scratch_one-s_head:
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

carey

George,  I might bring some product from the distillery.  I'll be arriving earlier Tuesday than I originaly thought.

carey

Franklin County Distillery/Harvest Host was a bust, so I continued on to Boone a day early.  Christina, at the front desk tells me there's still a cabin or 2 available.

Bill_Rockoff

I've got Cabin 6 reserved for tonight through Sunday. I plan to be there in time to get the key from them tonight. Can't wait. Got a new Sargent seat installed, time to load up and go.

I'll probably have to leave Friday though, so someone else can have the place Friday and Saturday nights. Also, none of my Usual Suspects are showing up, so the bunk beds in Cabin 6 are available.

See y'all tonight!
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

Bill_Rockoff

Home safe n sound. LOTs of fog on the parkway this morning, so I took 221 south to SC11 to 123 across South Carolina & north Georgia. Home with no rain. Bike turned 124,000; it was 11 years ago that it turned 100,000 on the way home from that rally. (My profile pic is a photo of that.)

Lots of oil dripping from my bike, so it was smokier than usual. Hopefully just a filter that got munged up a bit when I dropped the bike trying to make a U-turn on Wednesday before I even got to Boone. Ran as good as usual, and didn't seem to need oil any more often than usual.

The new Sargent seat is great.

Hope you guys had a great day of riding and hanging out, and that you all have a great Saturday night and Sunday and however-long-you're-staying.

Cheers!
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

CodyNKR

The rally fire continues
NancyK