News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Hi from South Yorkshire England

Started by Rikki fj12, January 23, 2023, 03:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Rider

if it was my bike i try some different things
First i would just put a piece of thin plywood or plastic or metal into or on top of  the triangle frame then use a piece of seat foam and shape it with a sander tool and wrap it with seat vinyl
or second  option  use building construction expanding foam building up a base that can easy be
shaped as you like then on top of the shaped construction foam wrap fiber glass and use bondo/putty and sand out imperfections before painting it.
and use safety mask when working with fiberglass and hardener.Just some suggestions

Millietant

Quote from: Rikki fj12 on January 24, 2023, 02:16:02 PM
Hi
Haha yeh the front fame section is one of the reasons I chose the fj I think it looks
Awesome I really like the way the frame wraps around the bike like a bash guard lol
I was thinking about keeping the rear frame which I welded to a point naked and just covering from the
Back of the battery tray and just up the front of the tank
And I 100% agree the front light is a tricky one
I've seen a triangle shaped one which would fit just underneath that bar on the front which would
Possibly look good
I'll post a pic and would like to know what you think
Do you have a pic of the one you said looked good ??
I've seen a rear light which would bolt to the back of the battery cage just under the tail which I'll post a pic
Unfortunately I broke some of the fairing removing it as the bolts were rusted solid
If anyone is interested I have the frame which holds the headlight, two headlights, a bunch of spare indicators and wing mirrors the exhausts and the two side plastics which cover the air box with vents in oh and the rear cowel with the light still intact
Is it possible to fit a digital display if I add the magnet type of speedometer to the front hub ??

Hey Rikki, I could definitely be interested in some of those parts - I'll send you a message with my mobile and if you're happy to respond with yours, I'll give you a shout the next time heading S Yorks way  :good2:
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Rikki fj12

Quote from: Old Rider on February 28, 2023, 01:10:08 PM
if it was my bike i try some different things
First i would just put a piece of thin plywood or plastic or metal into or on top of  the triangle frame then use a piece of seat foam and shape it with a sander tool and wrap it with seat vinyl
or second  option  use building construction expanding foam building up a base that can easy be
shaped as you like then on top of the shaped construction foam wrap fiber glass and use bondo/putty and sand out imperfections before painting it.
and use safety mask when working with fiberglass and hardener.Just some suggestions
I'm a bit torn what to do because I do like the idea of making something but I also really like the point
It gets lots of attention and it doe's actually look quite cool in person

Old Rider