News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Moist

Started by ribbert, January 08, 2023, 05:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribbert

"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Urx

Ouch....you can bet the carbs look worse than the cam cover
Stainless lines
Blue spot calipers but std m/cyl (so far)
Ebc prolite front discs
Ohlins remote adj rear shock
Remus 4:1
Still running original chain and sprockets from new (scotoilers really work)
Krauser k2s

Motofun

'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

Urx

many years ago I saved the engine from a honda cb125j that had been left outside for decades and looked similar to the OP's picture.
the outside of the engine had moss growing on it!!

.....surprisingly the internals were fine. no rust or issues of any kind...even the bearings were usable.
critically the cylinder head cam bearing and camshaft were in eminently usable condition.....rare on that era of honda
Scrubbed the outside casings clean, sourced a new carb (the old one was like dried out toothpaste sludge) and ran it for a while in a CB100n as an 'upgrade'
Stainless lines
Blue spot calipers but std m/cyl (so far)
Ebc prolite front discs
Ohlins remote adj rear shock
Remus 4:1
Still running original chain and sprockets from new (scotoilers really work)
Krauser k2s

RPM - Robert

Lol Noel, I can feel the pain in this meme

FJmonkey

Must have used the wrong oil...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

giantkiller

Quote from: Urx on January 08, 2023, 07:50:22 AM
many years ago I saved the engine from a honda cb125j that had been left outside for decades and looked similar to the OP's picture.
the outside of the engine had moss growing on it!!

.....surprisingly the internals were fine. no rust or issues of any kind...even the bearings were usable.
critically the cylinder head cam bearing and camshaft were in eminently usable condition.....rare on that era of honda
Scrubbed the outside casings clean, sourced a new carb (the old one was like dried out toothpaste sludge) and ran it for a while in a CB100n as an 'upgrade'
Awhile back I took my atv down to Oklahoma to visit my brothers. So I could ride little Sahara sand dunes.
My brother said he would get his old dirt bike out and we could go ride Stanley Draper lake. About an hour from his house. So he walks out into the woods behind the shop. Leaning up against a tree was an old 250 yamaha that he had stuffed a 500 motor into. Air cooled 2 stroke. He drained the water outta the crankcase. Flushed it out a couple times with some oil. Put some new gas and oil in the tank. New sparkplug in it. Started it. Loaded it up. And took it to the lake the next day. Rode all day. When we got back. He rode it back out into the woods and leaned it up against the tree. Lol.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

Old Rider

Some ductape on outside and a few liters of tank sealer and it should be fine !