News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

85 Fj1100 Improvements

Started by Isaiah1611, December 10, 2022, 10:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaiah1611

I was doing my periodic parts available search when the titanium exhaust from a Harris framed race bike caught my eye. My Black Widow collector was already rusting even though it is supposed to be stainless(Definitely do not recommend). I decided to take a chance and I bought it. I wound up also ordering an oil cooler, handlebar ends, and a smoke taillight from RPM too. I did have to remove the center stand and cut one side of the right center stand bracket off as well as on of the little tabs on the bottom case but otherwise it all fit well even the first hanging bracket was usable. I am working on the muffler hanging bracket and it should be all good.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

fj1289

Awesome!  Glad someone on the list here got that exhaust!  Glad it fit well

Isaiah1611

It will not let me post pictures but I do have them if it becomes available.
Also I started it up and it is definitely lean. I have not modified the engine itself at all only intake and exhaust. I now have a very free flowing exhaust and uni pods. It is currently jetted with 115s and 40s. It seems to be very similar in design to the RPM 4-2-1 maybe just a little bigger diameter and shorter muffler. Any thoughts about jet sizing are appreciated. Thanks
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Isaiah1611

Quote from: fj1289 on June 08, 2024, 06:50:57 PMAwesome!  Glad someone on the list here got that exhaust!  Glad it fit well
Thanks for posting it.  :good2:

fj1289

Here are some suggested settings: https://fjowners.com/index.php?topic=1974.0

Remember the needle you use has a HUGE effect on the main jet needed. 

As always - the "easy button" would be to contact Randy and Robert at RPM ..

Isaiah1611

Isaiah1611

Quote from: fj1289 on June 08, 2024, 08:26:07 PMHere are some suggested settings: https://fjowners.com/index.php?topic=1974.0

Remember the needle you use has a HUGE effect on the main jet needed. 

As always - the "easy button" would be to contact Randy and Robert at RPM ..
That is probably my next step and I do have the adjustable needle from RPM.