Ducati North America and Ducati of Detroit

Started by Paul.1478, November 30, 2022, 06:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul.1478

I got a new 2022 V2 from Ducati of Detroit 12 months ago. They installed a new exhaust and power commander, that power commander did not work with the ECU (old tech with new) so they told me get a Brent Tune flash. OK,
11 months later 4400 miles on the bike, check oil light came on. Took it in, copper in the oil, bearings. They called to inform me, well at least I have a 2 year warranty. Nope you flashed you ECU. They are paying for nothing.
I called Ducati NA, like calling a undertaker, they are sorry for your loss. Called Ducati Detroit, hay you guys told me to do something that voided my warranty, sorry for your loss. Called attorneys, Magnesium moss warranty act etc. Yea good luck.
So, I would NOT recommend a Ducati or Ducati of Detroit.   
Just trying to spread the word. They have made a lifetime enemy out of me.
2006 GL1800
2022 Ducati V2
1976 RD400
1993 FJ 1200 ABS

Flynt

Quote from: Paul.1478 on November 30, 2022, 06:58:53 AM
So, I would NOT recommend a Ducati...  

I have a 2008 Hypermotard that started intermittently displaying "---" instead of the mph...  still ran fine, so surely this can't be a big problem.  Ducati NA had no solution and turned me over to a non-Ducati guy that apparently is their best troubleshooting resource for this sort of issue.  With that guy's help we checked many things, but still nothing fixed the issue.  Eventually they said "new instrument cluster would probably fix it..." at a cost of $1,100 or so.  I decided it wasn't worth that much to "probably" fix, so I dug into the issue myself.  In the end it was a $6 plug in mini relay that I found by swapping two of the little things that sat right next to each other under the seat. 

Their bikes are, at least in some cases, unlike anything else and an absolute BLAST to ride...  but god help you if you need their technical expertise when it's doing something funny.  Buyer beware.
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

giantkiller

Quote from: Flynt on November 30, 2022, 09:32:20 AM
Quote from: Paul.1478 on November 30, 2022, 06:58:53 AM
So, I would NOT recommend a Ducati...  

I have a 2008 Hypermotard that started intermittently displaying "---" instead of the mph...  still ran fine, so surely this can't be a big problem.  Ducati NA had no solution and turned me over to a non-Ducati guy that apparently is their best troubleshooting resource for this sort of issue.  With that guy's help we checked many things, but still nothing fixed the issue.  Eventually they said "new instrument cluster would probably fix it..." at a cost of $1,100 or so.  I decided it wasn't worth that much to "probably" fix, so I dug into the issue myself.  In the end it was a $6 plug in mini relay that I found by swapping two of the little things that sat right next to each other under the seat. 

Their bikes are, at least in some cases, unlike anything else and an absolute BLAST to ride...  but god help you if you need their technical expertise when it's doing something funny.  Buyer beware.

Note to self never ever slightly entertain. Thinking about buying a Ducati.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

Paul.1478

I should have know better.
I have a 2006 GL1800 96000 miles. 0 issues
1976 RD400  0, well almost 0 issues  (2 stroke for goodness sakes).
my FJ, man, that thing is a tank. in a good way.
2006 GL1800
2022 Ducati V2
1976 RD400
1993 FJ 1200 ABS

gdfj12

My experience wit Ducati NA was when I worked at Boulder Yamaha and they took on Ducati as well. The service manager sent them a request for price quote on some of the special tools that Ducati's require for servicing, 2 weeks later a couple of boxes showed up from Ducati, C.O.D. something like $3000 (we were on C.O.D. terms at the shop owners request), so we accepted it as refusing it would cause lots of problems. It was all of the special tools the SM requested prices on! Ducati NA was very unsympathetic to our owners complaint about the problem. Ducati's in my opinion are like (Italian) Supermodels, a very fun ride, but will likely take your wallet and patience for a wild ride too.  :scratch_one-s_head:

George D
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project