News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

London ULEZ

Started by mike g, November 23, 2022, 05:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fj1289

Quote from: Millietant on November 26, 2022, 09:10:20 AM
Not sure I know of any Brit TV shows that use kms, unless they're produced here for foreign audiences, but you're right, in general discussion etc, we use both terms of measurement indiscriminately.

All of our road signs and all of our enforcement is done on the basis of imperial units/miles. However, school rulers and tape measures have both metric and imperial scales on them, as do car speedometers. BUT, it gets worse, in sports we use metres for some running events, but we use miles for others ; we also switch between pounds/ounces and kgs, and even between stones and kgs for weight ; we use both C and F for temperature ; airfield runways are described in both feet and metres; we use both psi and kpa for tyre pressures and ; we measure fuel consumption in miles per gallon, but buy fuel in litres.

I'm sure it's all deliberate, just to confuse foreigners who visit us  :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

That's already well accomplished for the pedestrians that carefully look to left before getting hit from the right!!!

Or when renting a car - and in a hurry they (I) jump into the passenger seat!   :lol:

mike g

Well, it appears the FJ can be made to meet the nox limits; 2 cats at £145 each, £70 fitting and £175 for the test, ouch!
Should move into the historic vehicle class in 2028 which exempts it, so maybe just pay for the next few years. IF the expansion actually goes ahead.

Motofun

The trouble is, the racheting effect of liberal regulations is ahead of you in this area.  By the time the calendar moves to your favor they will have advanced their regulations to your disadvantage.   :dash1:
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

fj1289

Quote from: mike g on February 14, 2023, 04:29:45 AM
Well, it appears the FJ can be made to meet the nox limits; 2 cats at £145 each, £70 fitting and £175 for the test, ouch!
Should move into the historic vehicle class in 2028 which exempts it, so maybe just pay for the next few years. IF the expansion actually goes ahead.

Can you run a 4-1 header?  Then maybe only a single cat needed?

I recently replaced an engine and tuned a Subaru turbo in my son's car with emissions in Colorado.  Didn't realize it didn't have a cat in the exhaust (it was just a resonator) - failed miserably.  Welded in an aftermarket cat and passed with flying colors.  I was really surprised how much it cleaned up the emissions. 

mike g

single pipe would be an option but would need to buy a new system (maybe an xjr one) so probably no overall saving