So after throwing my 92 and myself down the road at the East Coast Spring Rally

Started by zero26tb4u, June 08, 2022, 10:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zero26tb4u

I find myself in need of the following to get her back together:

Right side driver foot peg

Right side air scoop (would prefer to try and color match the blue/purple oem but realize that may not be realistic)

Right and left side fairing pucks, but these seem to be readily available from RPM.

Right side front turn signal housing

Right side CLEAR turn signal lens, or possibly an assist from one of our European brethren, as it appears that the seller of these little gems located in Germany still has a few sets but he or she will no longer ship to the US. Anyone what to accept delivery for me in Europe and mail it to me, on my dime of course?

Renntec case savers, the right one like my riding gear did its job but gave up its life in doing so.

Thanks for looking

Urx

There is a member on here eho is making clear lenses for 3CV so might be able to create 3XW ones too
Failing that then I'm in UK and could forward on some lenses from Germany if needed.
Stainless lines
Blue spot calipers but std m/cyl (so far)
Ebc prolite front discs
Ohlins remote adj rear shock
Remus 4:1
Still running original chain and sprockets from new (scotoilers really work)
Krauser k2s

red

Quote from: zero26tb4u on June 08, 2022, 10:18:20 PMI find myself in need of the following to get her back together:
Right side air scoop (would prefer to try and color match the blue/purple oem but realize that may not be realistic)
Thanks for looking
zero26tb4u,

Sorry, no help here for parts, but if you can find an air scoop, look into the vinyl wraps (like 3M) instead of painting.  You can get all colors, including chrome silver and black.  There are YouTube videos to show how to work over dome-shaped surfaces smoothly.  Better than paint, IMHO.
:biggrin:
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

zero26tb4u

Quote from: Urx on June 09, 2022, 01:57:43 AM
There is a member on here eho is making clear lenses for 3CV so might be able to create 3XW ones too
Failing that then I'm in UK and could forward on some lenses from Germany if needed.

Thanks Urx. I'll check that out and if negative I may be back in touch to arrange for the Germany drop ship option. Thanks for the info.

zero26tb4u

Quote from: red on June 09, 2022, 10:35:35 AM
Quote from: zero26tb4u on June 08, 2022, 10:18:20 PMI find myself in need of the following to get her back together:
Thanks for looking
zero26tb4u,

Sorry, no help here for parts, but if you can find an air scoop, look into the vinyl wraps (like 3M) instead of painting.  You can get all colors, including chrome silver and black.  There are YouTube videos to show how to work over dome-shaped surfaces smoothly.  Better than paint, IMHO.
:biggrin:

Thats a much better option for those with solid color fairings. Not so much for the blueish/purple rainbow metallic of the 92 paint scheme. At the moment any 91-93 scoop will work and I'll worry about the paint match problem when I have the replacement in hand. Thanks for the suggestion though, never know may go with something different and wrap both scoops. 

zero26tb4u

Quote from: Urx on June 09, 2022, 01:57:43 AM

Urx, sent you a pm.

zero26tb4u

Just an update and a huge thank you to those that were able to help me out with some needed parts and/or attempted assists.

Thank you to George (gdfj12) for the right turn indicator housing.
Thank you to Mike R, not sure of his forum handle, for the right side scoop and puck.
Thank you to Urx for trying to help me out with the clear turn lenses, but apparently the seller of these things will not ship to the UK either.

I have every part in hand or on order to put the bike back together with the exception of the right renntec case saver (which George believes he may have a line on) and the clear turn lenses. The seller of the lenses ships worldwide except to:

PO Boxes, Africa, Albania, Asia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Central America and Caribbean, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey, Macedonia, Middle East, Moldova, Montenegro, North America, Oceania, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Serbia, South America, Southeast Asia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City State

So I'll ask again, any one out there in a country like maybe Germany willing to accept delivery of the lenses for me and forward them on to me here in the states, and again on my dime, of course.

zero26tb4u

Forgot to mention one other part I'm in need of.

1986 left side mirror base cover, this the rubber that covers the base of the mirror where it meets the fairing.

Urx

There are a couple of second hand sets of the renntec engine bars on fleabay uk for circa £30 an £35
They would likely need paint or powdercoat to look minty but pretty cheap if you cant find anything you like better
Stainless lines
Blue spot calipers but std m/cyl (so far)
Ebc prolite front discs
Ohlins remote adj rear shock
Remus 4:1
Still running original chain and sprockets from new (scotoilers really work)
Krauser k2s