News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Looking for a part...

Started by chukinho22, April 02, 2022, 02:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chukinho22

Hello, i'm new here.
Does anybody know where this part can be bought new?
It's from '84 fj1100.
Thanx, Ivan, Croatia

Sparky84

1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

chukinho22

Quote from: Sparky84 on April 02, 2022, 11:21:24 PM
Quote from: chukinho22 on April 02, 2022, 04:02:38 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113297378736?hash=item1a610ccdb0:g:VSUAAOSwnFpbvAwv

found this one...

They have a few faults with those and the one I bought is in the corner due to those faults.

Thanx, do you have any suggestions to buy somewhere else?

Troyskie

G'day Ivan. I used one from that eBay. As Al said it has a couple of faults, but I used it anyway. You'll need to make the lower metal piece, or re use the one from your old slider of it is still attached.

Alternatively, I went to the local bike shop which had a box of dirt bike sliders. They are very long, but I found one that had one offset screw mount and modified it to mount the rest of the way.

I've just put 10,000km on it in the last month and it is holding up fine.

A further option I've been told about is to use the hard plastic they use in boat trailers. Readily available here, so I imagine you should be able to find it locally as well. Shape and then heat to bend.
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do another lap of Oz

After all is said and done, more is said than done :)

chukinho22

Quote from: Troyskie on April 03, 2022, 03:45:00 PM
G'day Ivan. I used one from that eBay. As Al said it has a couple of faults, but I used it anyway. You'll need to make the lower metal piece, or re use the one from your old slider of it is still attached.

Alternatively, I went to the local bike shop which had a box of dirt bike sliders. They are very long, but I found one that had one offset screw mount and modified it to mount the rest of the way.

I've just put 10,000km on it in the last month and it is holding up fine.

A further option I've been told about is to use the hard plastic they use in boat trailers. Readily available here, so I imagine you should be able to find it locally as well. Shape and then heat to bend.

Thank you:)

balky1

I've sent you an e-mail since we are both from CRO.
Unfortunately no new suggestions for your problem.

FJ 1100, 1985, sold
FJR 1300, 2009

great white

Any chance you know someone with a 3d printer?

they can spin you out one in abs, nylon, etc.

Would take some time to design it and probably a day or so to spit one out though.

I'm lucky enough to have my own 3d printer so when it comes time to put one on my modified FZ1 swingarm, I'll just design one and print it off.

like most thing though, it's a lot easier to say than to do....... :wacko3:

aviationfred

I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

chukinho22

Quote from: great white on April 05, 2022, 12:58:25 PM
Any chance you know someone with a 3d printer?

they can spin you out one in abs, nylon, etc.

Would take some time to design it and probably a day or so to spit one out though.

I'm lucky enough to have my own 3d printer so when it comes time to put one on my modified FZ1 swingarm, I'll just design one and print it off.

like most thing though, it's a lot easier to say than to do....... :wacko3:

3d printer crossed my mind, i gotta say:)
I ordered part from ebay, hope it will work...

Lloyd Van Duzen

Just to confirm I ordered a chain slider seal guard from Hot Moto Foot. The part fit the way it was suppose to fit with Phillips round head screw.  I drilled a 1/8 hole up close to the pivot pin seal and added a small hex head machine screw since it moved around on the pivot tube a bit.  I received the part six days after placing the order. I think it came from somewhere in Wisconsin USA and I live in Near North (Central) Ontario Canada.  Price $170 Canadian.

I put the swing arm assembly back on my burgundy FJ 1100 today and with new spacers, bushings and grease, a scrub down and paint it's looking pretty good today. A new MC kit and lever and clutch slave kit in today and the clutch is working again today.  Just wanted to let others know about the Hot Foot Moto Chain slider seal Guard is a good product. Lloyd.
1984 Fj 1100