News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

3D model files for FJ1200 Chainslider (slip-on and original)

Started by wishmaster, September 20, 2022, 12:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wishmaster

Hi,

I have been designing and testing my own 3D printed chainslider for my FJ1200A. Currently in PLA and still holding strong, but with my new upgrades will soon be printing one in TPU and ABS.
The creation came out of a need for a new one for my own bike. I have seen the prices for how much new ones are and got shocked. I have asked on the forum if someone had done this before. but not for the FJ.
So here it is. and its for sale for €25 euro.
U can use paypal as way of payment and for Dutch users I can send Tikki (iDeal) payment links and I will send them by mail.

You get 2 versions of the chainslider. one original and needs lots of parts to be taken off the bike to put on. and the other is slip-on from the side.
I recommend printing them with a hard flexible filament. at least for the slip on as it still needs some firm pushing to put it over the bridge axle.

Some pics from the one on my bike.

Fyi I am in no way liable for your own prints.

FJmonkey

For your review, https://fjowners.com/index.php?topic=16984.0

I am surprised PLA works. The concern is heat from friction and PLA melts at low temps and is a bit brittle. So high temp material with some low friction properties should serve you well and for much longer. Looks good. :good2:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

wishmaster

Quote from: FJmonkey on September 20, 2022, 12:56:54 PM
For your review, https://fjowners.com/index.php?topic=16984.0

I am surprised PLA works. The concern is heat from friction and PLA melts at low temps and is a bit brittle. So high temp material with some low friction properties should serve you well and for much longer. Looks good. :good2:

I know, it was what my printer could print at that moment until i upgrade my printer to print other type filaments.
ABS would be my next try and maybe a flexy filament that can bend a little. but PLA is holding pretty good for now.