News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Givi setup

Started by gumby302ho, January 24, 2024, 01:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumby302ho

I have a full givi hardshell top and side cases on my Blackbird and I am thinking about maybe using them on my FJ or at least the top
box would be nice with my soft side bags. Does RPM have a mount, cant think of the givi cases model that I have. Is this a flea bay
quest,,,,,,or a custom mission.

RPM - Robert

We no longer have the top mounts. Our supplier stopped carrying the FJ top mount brackets. They have the plate but no mounting system.

The side mounts have been gone a long time. We asked GIVI if we had them re pop 100 at a time if they would do it and they said "No way."

fj1289

Does the UK FJ Owners site still fab replacement brackets for the FJ?

Millietant

I'll check up with them and post back here what I find out.
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

racerrad8

Speaking of the UK, the UK FJ Owners forum has been down for several months.

Does anyone know what happened? I was told last year Bob, the owner of the forum, had a crash on his bike.
I have reached out via email several times, but no reply.

I also heard Doc had moved out of the country as well, so not sure of the club status either.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

gumby302ho

Quote from: RPM - Robert on January 24, 2024, 10:06:16 AM
We no longer have the top mounts. Our supplier stopped carrying the FJ top mount brackets. They have the plate but no mounting system.

The side mounts have been gone a long time. We asked GIVI if we had them re pop 100 at a time if they would do it and they said "No way."

Well thanks Givi for there outstanding support! I will say wanting these on my ITX was for ease of travel and more
      capacity in short of how they might look. The bird is wrist heavy if your not traveling at min 145km. FJ still is my heavy lifter through our
      short season. I do enjoy a top case now.

aviationfred

The Givi Wingrack and Wingrack2 are a Universal use rack. Which then requires the Givi Y204 mount kit. The top rack supports were also a Universal item.
At one time RPM was working on a reproduction Y204 kit.

Here is a link for a reproduction kit from England. I have heard reviews of the product as questionable quality.

https://www.fjownersclub.co.uk/product-page/fj-wingrack-stainless-steel-fitting-kit

Combine the UK kit with the following eBay listing and you may be in business.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256118229729?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=s0u1RI0fS6m&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=mGn5YeY-QK2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

You will also need these for turn signals.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256392553552?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=mxZ1gK8wSmG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=mGn5YeY-QK2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

gumby302ho

Well thanks for the info and links Fred, never would have thought it would be such a costly venture.

Millietant

Quote from: racerrad8 on January 27, 2024, 08:52:29 AM
Speaking of the UK, the UK FJ Owners forum has been down for several months.

Does anyone know what happened? I was told last year Bob, the owner of the forum, had a crash on his bike.
I have reached out via email several times, but no reply.

I also heard Doc had moved out of the country as well, so not sure of the club status either.

Randy - RPM

Not sure about the UK Owners forum Randy, I did join years back, but there was never much activity on it. Haven't looked in there for quite a while. Most of the UK FJ riders use Facebook for communication and online discussion.

The UK FJOC is still going strong. Their workshop is open and gets very busy in the riding season. I still use them for parts here as the cheapest/best source for most new things FJ. Doc has had a place in Portugal for many years now and has spent a lot of time out there over the last decade, but is always on hand for advice and Ernie runs the workshop with a couple of tech's. Doc runs/leads all of the Club tours, still spends quite a bit of time in the UK (turns up to FJ meets when her) and is trying his best to enjoy life after a couple of health scares (which he's recovered from). I suppose, on the one hand he could be considered "semi-retired" and on the other out could be said he's just focused on a different aspect of the Club (tours and trips). At the moment he and Lorinda are on a holiday tour down in Peru I believe, riding on a CRF 1100 Africa Twin with friends
Dean

Millietant

Quote from: aviationfred on January 29, 2024, 02:40:55 AM
The Givi Wingrack and Wingrack2 are a Universal use rack. Which then requires the Givi Y204 mount kit. The top rack supports were also a Universal item.
At one time RPM was working on a reproduction Y204 kit.

Here is a link for a reproduction kit from England. I have heard reviews of the product as questionable quality.

https://www.fjownersclub.co.uk/product-page/fj-wingrack-stainless-steel-fitting-kit

Combine the UK kit with the following eBay listing and you may be in business.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256118229729?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=s0u1RI0fS6m&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=mGn5YeY-QK2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

You will also need these for turn signals.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256392553552?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=mxZ1gK8wSmG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=mGn5YeY-QK2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Fred

Not aware of any real issues with the FJOC Kit Fred, but I am aware people (myself included) overload the panniers and top case/box well beyond listed/recommended weight capacities.

I had to add extra strengthening mounts to my Givi set with the original fittings when I first used it on my FJ and have also added extra support brackets for my Krauser K2 full set (with the Krauser o/e fitting kit) that I've had on my FJ for about 25 years now :sarcastic:

Full used Givi luggage set-ups come up in the UK owners groups 4 or 5 times a year, for about $200 - there's currently a running FJ with a full Givi luggage system fitted for sale at around $600 on FB here, Whig CJ would be a bargain if I had any space in my garage (or the other garages I've "borrowed") to keep it - I could sell the Givi kit and exhaust system in a heartbeat from that bike!
Dean