News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

2022 West Coast Rally

Started by roortcloud, October 26, 2021, 06:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flynt

It's possible I could put an option together here in Central Oregon as well.  The local Lake Billy Chinook cabins are gone, but we have several other options nearby for camping/cabins/motels.  This year we might just ride Shaniko to Fossil twice...what an amazing ride!  Wizard's once again the magic carpet my bride deserves (with the rebuilt Ohlins that blew right before last year's rally), so we're ready to have a proper FJ event here (no BMW interloper this year!).  No guarantee on wind tunnel time, but that was pretty unusual from my experience thus far.

Andy also came by later in the season when we could add in McKenzie Pass, another nice route Andy and I rode on his summer adventure tour.  It's open by mid June typically and will maybe be early this year.  Maybe move back 2-3 weeks from usual WCR date and do Ron's track day on the normal WCR schedule?

Prior attendees augment Oregon bit as appropriate...  The two rides I mention are truly epic.

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

roortcloud

Greetings gentlemen.
Just a couple months to decide where the WCR will be held. I rode the proposed west track at Thunderhill for the first time Saturday. The 2 mile 10 turn racetrack is fairly technical compared to Sears Point but can be fast with 100 + mph straights. PTT put on a solid program. There were 2 red flag stoppages so the riding times were adjusted along  with the lunch break to get everyone plenty of track time.
The facility has well kept mens & I presume women's rest rooms & showers open all night. The covered parking areas on both sides of the clubhouse  provide plenty of shade with electrical outlets and at least 1 water faucet I used.
Let's get the ball (FJ) rolling & sign up. I've already registered & am committed to this event. It would be great to have an on track FJ parade.

T Legg

Well it doesn't look good for the 2022 west coast rally. I'm still not interested in doing a track day and it's probably too late to register for a spot on the track anyway. I would still attend for the Friday ride if anyone is going. Rebecca from bucks lake lodge called me yesterday to tell me she has six rooms and a cabin available. If nothing else is happening I may take a room and go riding up there for Friday and Saturday. Has everyone else but Ron given up on the rally?
T Legg

Flynt

I'm interested in joining at Buck's Lake...  Diane might join as well and Wiz is ready to roll.  Anything I should know in advance or just call them for reservations?

Frank

T Legg

We can just call and reserve a room . I didn't make any plans with her yet I left a message a couple weeks ago asking if they had rooms and she just got back to me yesterday. I will commit and call and reserve a room tommarrow . I'll mention that you will be calling Frank , if I get ahold of her first.
   Ian has said he will come also.
If anyone else is interested she has the six top floor rooms each with two beds available. She hopes to have the large cabin ready it has a couple bedrooms in it. Two years ago the rooms were around 110.00 I think.
T Legg

Flynt

Quote from: T Legg on May 14, 2022, 11:21:47 PM
We can just call and reserve a room . I didn't make any plans with her yet I left a message a couple weeks ago asking if they had rooms and she just got back to me yesterday. I will commit and call and reserve a room tommarrow . I'll mention that you will be calling Frank , if I get ahold of her first.
   Ian has said he will come also.
If anyone else is interested she has the six top floor rooms each with two beds available. She hopes to have the large cabin ready it has a couple bedrooms in it. Two years ago the rooms were around 110.00 I think.

Just to confirm...  Riding June 3rd and 4th?

T Legg

Yes. Ian and I plan to arrive Thursday  afternoon and ride Friday and Saturday June 3rd and fourth.
  We have ridden some very nice routes through the area and there are others we have yet to try. The riding routes are open to discussion . There are many highly rated roads in this area .
        Travis
T Legg

Flynt

Quote from: T Legg on May 15, 2022, 09:53:26 AM
Yes. Ian and I plan to arrive Thursday  afternoon and ride Friday and Saturday June 3rd and fourth.

OK...  I have message into Becky and we'll see what develops.  If it works out we'll probably stay Saturday night as well and return to paradise on Sunday.

Frank

T Legg

T Legg

Flynt

Quote from: T Legg on May 16, 2022, 07:14:29 PM
That's is our plan also.

So you're coming back to Oregon with us...?   :good2:

T Legg

Well I guess we will ride back out to hwy. 395 with you anyway.

I've been working on the 86 fj1200. I had the cracked supertrap welded up and I repacked it ,replaced and lubricated the instrument cluster . None of the gauges worked previously. Lubricated the sticking choke and throttle  cables. New HH pads on the front brakes and disconnected the leaking anti dive valves. Switched the front brakes to dot five fluid and put on new sport demon tires. I adjusted the preload on the front forks and rear hagon shock. I also adjusted the valves and replaced the cracked wind screen. I checked the chain and sprockets and they were in great shape but the master link was over swaged and actually had a crack in it. I will replace it tommarrow I don't need a repeat of last year.
    When I bought this bike it just sat because of all these little problems now it rides pretty nice. The clutch still slips at wide open throttle when it's cold but hopefully an oil change will fix that .
   This bike was up for sale for a year before he finally dropped the price in half to one thousand dollars . His ad said it was professionally maintained. I'll take owner maintained any time .
T Legg