News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Suggestions

Started by Marsh White, February 07, 2009, 12:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsh White

Well, here is an alternative to the Yahoo FJ Forum.  We mess around with this and see how we like it.  Please make some suggestions about what categories to have.  This is everyone's forum.  I'll work on putting up a files section, photo section and whatever else I can think of.  We will also need to decide on a graphic look (Theme) that we all like and is easy for us to use and read.  I'll add in a bunch of different themes and give all members the ability to switch them on the fly.  Then we'll do some voting on which one we like best.  We can have polls now....yay!

andyb

How about a section specifically for rallies?

Marsh White

racerman_27410

how about a trip report section?   edit.... already there you are right on top of this one !

thanks again MArsh,

KOokaloo!

Frank 8)

andyb

Front end mods
Rear end mods

Seems kinda the same to me, call it Suspension and make it one area.

Honestly I'd just stick it all in one mass called Modifications and be done with it, that'll include everything.  It can always be split out later or have subs made if it gets unweildy.

Additionally, rather than just carb questions, why not make it a Maintenance area, as that'll include plugs/wires/etc that often need tweaked when the carbs have been sitting so long as to get off anyhow.

rktmanfj

Nice work, Marsh!  This is great!

How about a section for the dirt bike/dual sporters?

You know, the guys who go up to Calvin's place?

dduchene

How about a sticky for a tread for introduce yourself here tread. Won't be needed much now but as newbies find it that have not been in the yahoo group it could be helpful.

Also to keep the spam down require that the first post be approved. This would be good if the first post is introduce yourself so that we know that they are a real user. 

If you need some one to handle mod duties for this part or to help with that admin let me know.

Denis

Marsh White

Good ideas Andy and Frank - I have implemented them.  Keep 'em coming!

Mark Olson

Marsh,

how about a parts wanted section , we all got crap lying around and unless we clean out our garages we never think to list it.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Marsh White

Great idea Mark...done!

Pocket Bike Tim

Quote from: Marsh White on February 07, 2009, 12:31:08 PM
Well, here is an alternative to the Yahoo FJ Forum.  We mess around with this and see how we like it.  Please make some suggestions about what categories to have.  This is everyone's forum.  I'll work on putting up a files section, photo section and whatever else I can think of.  We will also need to decide on a graphic look (Theme) that we all like and is easy for us to use and read.  I'll add in a bunch of different themes and give all members the ability to switch them on the fly.  Then we'll do some voting on which one we like best.  We can have polls now....yay!

Well I have 2. 1) Maybe change Gun Related to "Off Topic" (for a broader scope of conversation) as opposed to a "War Room" with the understanding there might be some (as Frank stated) NON-politically correct posts/ conversations, cursing, naked ladies dancing etc... So anyone not wanting to post about FJ's or Guns, has a place to post their comments. Just a suggestion. 2) Keep the damn Aussies and Kiwis that fall out of trees out..... :-) jk
Also, a pack between all of us to contribute money Marsh may need to keep this site up AND NEVER, NEVER LET MARSH BUY ALCOHOL REFRESHMENTS AT ANY RALLY HE ATTENDS! From this day forward.

Tim

Davetammy

Great job Marsh,as for Tim's idea of keeping us Southern Hemisphere people out,well I think he know's what to do with that ;)How about putting up something for us Southerners,I have no idea what though,maybe people with bigger brains than I can think of something,Tim?Any thought's mate? :)Dave
FJ1200/92 Hayabusa1300/2007

Pocket Bike Tim

Yes. Only let Dave and a couple of others in, maybe Harvey. Klavdy and Ned, man I don't know..... ;) Klavdy thinks Frank being shot in the ass is funny. While I, merely laughed to be part of the group. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Tim

gradice

G'day Marsh,
How about a Special/Administrative Announcements section for those important thingies & a Funnies & Entertainment section so the jokes & silly stuff doesn't get tired up with other topics!!!!
Cheers,
Graham in OZ...
Graham in OZ...
92 FJ1200 ABS.

Mark Olson

Marsh , I'm diggin the new site , great work, thanks.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"