News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Suggestions

Started by Marsh White, February 07, 2009, 12:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvy

Quote from: Harvy on February 11, 2009, 02:18:13 AM
Marsh, I am finding i am using the "view recent posts to the forum" link at the bottom of the home page quite regularly, but that page does not have the forum header and drop down menus at the top.....is this by design?

Harvy

Marsh, it was me.......I somehow managed to hit the "Shrink or Expand Header" button.
Nice job putting it at the top....thankyou.

Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

tqmx1

Marsh, One thing to clean in up a little, Combine the For sale and want to buy and bikes for sale into one folder and sub group it into FJ and Non FJ.

Take a look at the FZ1OA website to see what I am talking about.

One other thing I am going to start in the parts is (pay it foward) If anyone has any parts laying around that they want out of there hair list it there. It seems to work like a charm. (It's one of those what goes around comes around)

Kim

Yamifj1200

Hello Marsh,

I was wondering if there was any way to add our photo's at the top of the home page. It would be great to see our pics at the header and have them change each time we showed up. Just a thought...

Thanks again for everything its nice to have a new home

Eric M

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=14833.0

"All unattended children will be served an espresso and given a puppy"

Marsh White

Eric, that's a great idea.  I have not done ANY graphic, flash, layout, etc, customization to this site yet.  Trust me: I will!  That sounds like a good idea and something I could do.  Right now I have been concentrating on all of the little functional aspects that make a site like this flourish with our FJers.

Right now, there is a MAJOR upgrade to this forum engine that is in the FINAL stages of beta testing as we speak.  It should be out within a couple of weeks/or a month or so.  I'm waiting for that engine release to be stable and add it here...this will be a BIG improvement to the site, both visually and functionally.  Once that is done, I will work my magic on making the site look cool and do cooler things!  I know it is visually generic right now - but it is the content that makes this site special...and I don't want to do TOO much to take away from that.  But yes...I will add the BLING FACTOR once the new engine is realeased!

Yamifj1200

Quote from: Marsh White on February 22, 2009, 07:00:56 PM
Eric, that's a great idea.  I have not done ANY graphic, flash, layout, etc, customization to this site yet.  Trust me: I will!  That sounds like a good idea and something I could do.  Right now I have been concentrating on all of the little functional aspects that make a site like this flourish with our FJers.

Right now, there is a MAJOR upgrade to this forum engine that is in the FINAL stages of beta testing as we speak.  It should be out within a couple of weeks/or a month or so.  I'm waiting for that engine release to be stable and add it here...this will be a BIG improvement to the site, both visually and functionally.  Once that is done, I will work my magic on making the site look cool and do cooler things!  I know it is visually generic right now - but it is the content that makes this site special...and I don't want to do TOO much to take away from that.  But yes...I will add the BLING FACTOR once the new engine is realeased!

Thanks Marsh, the sites perfect actually but I thought I might throw that out as an idea, glad you like it... Your the man....

Eric M

http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=14833.0

"All unattended children will be served an espresso and given a puppy"

Ratchet_72

Rather than/in addition to gender, maybe a place under the avatar stating where the poster is from/location.
Jason Cox
-------------------------------
2000 Honda CBR1100XX
1977 Ironhead
Sacto, CA.

Mark Olson

Quote from: Ratchet_72 on March 03, 2009, 01:51:39 PM
Rather than/in addition to, maybe a place under the avatar stating where the poster is from/location.

Just put it in your sig line Jason,

Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

rvnmaniac

I agree under the Avatar is MORE visible and the first thing most folks see. Of course it should be optional by members request.
"GO RAVENS"

Marsh White

Quote from: rvnmaniac on March 04, 2009, 06:59:44 AM
I agree under the Avatar is MORE visible and the first thing most folks see. Of course it should be optional by members request.

Henry, it is optional.  When you first join there is nothing there...you have to add it. 

rvnmaniac

WOW I know the Avatar is optional i was referring to putting ones location in that area as being optional..........
"GO RAVENS"

Marsh White

Henry, Ah...my bad!!  I thought you were talking about the avatar size....misunderstanding!!  We are getting a new, improved version of this forum shortly.  If that feature is not in there, I'll add it in.

Klavdy

Quote from: Marsh White on March 06, 2009, 08:54:19 AM
Henry, Ah...my bad!!  I thought you were talking about the avatar size....misunderstanding!!  We are getting a new, improved version of this forum shortly.  If that feature is not in there, I'll add it in.

Well?
What's it going to be?
New or improved?
It can't be both.
"This guy has got to go. The single most offensive individual I have experienced on the web.
MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

i is a professional website designer, I've built over 100's of sites
And yea I actually get paid for it. about 150 and hour.

racerman_27410

how about some more/cooler emoticons?     these are kind of limited in their expression

thanks brother

Marsh White

Frank, I just added some.  Umm...I'm not sure what to think...maybe I went a bit too far...  :dance2:  Anyway, I'll have to sort out the details of them a bit later.

racerman_27410

:wacko3:

nice..... thanks brother     :bye2: