News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

FJ1200 Fork Rebuild Advice

Started by ajacstern, February 25, 2021, 09:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajacstern

Yes, I am feeling like a USD swap is coming in the future as it seems to be about the same price as a fully upgraded 89 swap. Just have to find a junkyard GSXR1000 that doesn't have a bent front end, this is proving to be tricky so far.

I found the wave washers that I thought I was missing, turns out they flew across the garage when I was slide hammering out the seal. Ready to throw everything together, but I am unsure about the proper orientation of the taper spindle (14 in the picture). The service manual and picture seem to show it with the lip pointing towards the ground, however it looks like the lip should point upwards to me. I can't remember which way I took it out either, reorganized the garage during the fork rebuild so I lost the order things were in but found the washers. The damper rod spring goes inside the upper tube and the taper spindle goes in the lower, correct?

ajacstern

Ok, never mind on the tapered spindle part of the last post. I see it's the bottoming cup now, makes sense.  :Facepalm: