News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

1989 FJ1200 - Maryland

Started by dougrs, January 28, 2021, 07:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougrs

Selling my 1989 Yamaha FJ1200. 50,707 miles. I have owned it since 2008. It runs but will need tires. I have done a fair bit of maintenance and upgrades over the years.

Highlights: Hyperpro rear shock. FZR1000 front wheel. RPM front fork valves. R6 front brake calipers with SS lines. Swingarm bearings, shock top mount bushings, relay arm bushings and collars with less than 3,500 miles since replacement. heated grips

I have attached some maintenance records that contain more information The bike is blue with some black parts. It has been repainted. All of the plastic fairing pieces are there, but some tabs are not perfect. The belly pan is in good shape. The corbin seat is comfortable but the cover is not in great condition. It does come with a backrest. I have the stock seat. The exhaust got a whole near the collector which I patched and it has not been a problem, but I have a vance and hines 4-to-1 in great shape to include with the sale. This bike has been solid for me, I rode it for years to work and on trips, but life has changed and I need it to move on. The mechanicals are solid, but the cosmetics are not perfect. I can include the carb balancing gauges and some of the stock parts with the bike. 
The way things are these days, I don't want to waste anyone's time and I don't want my time wasted. I have tried to represent the bike honestly. I am happy to answer questions and take more pictures. 

$500

thanks
-Doug
1989 Yamaha FJ1200
1994 BMW K75

GAM3FR3AK

Hello good sir, I was wondering if by any chance this bike was still available? Thank you for your time and consideration sir.

Millietant

He hasn't been on this site for almost 7 months now, so it's unlikely he'll know you've asked. Best to send a personal message or email (maybe through RPM, just ask).

That looks like an absolute bargain - I'm surprised no one here picked it up (unless they did !).
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.