Now i know what i will do when its time to replace the sport demons

Started by Old Rider, October 04, 2020, 12:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Legg

Quote from: ribbert on October 05, 2020, 07:53:54 AM
Quote from: Old Rider on October 05, 2020, 07:26:15 AM
Quote from: T Legg on October 05, 2020, 07:14:11 AM
If I could learn how to ride like a Norwegian I could get a few more miles out of my sport demons . I might give up a toe to finish off the unused sides of my tires but a leg is too much.

If i remeber the picture of your worn rear tire right i think you already are a toecutter :biggrin:

Speaking of which, does anyone here ride with the balls of their feet on the pegs, as opposed to the instep. I'm not talking about moving your inside foot back for the duration of a corner but both feet all the time?

Noel
.  Having the balls of my feet up on the pegs feels real cool for about two minutes but I usually wait untill I've smashed my feet into the pavement a few times before I pull them back.
T Legg

Millietant

Quote from: ribbert on October 05, 2020, 07:53:54 AM
Quote from: Old Rider on October 05, 2020, 07:26:15 AM
Quote from: T Legg on October 05, 2020, 07:14:11 AM
If I could learn how to ride like a Norwegian I could get a few more miles out of my sport demons . I might give up a toe to finish off the unused sides of my tires but a leg is too much.

If i remeber the picture of your worn rear tire right i think you already are a toecutter :biggrin:

Speaking of which, does anyone here ride with the balls of their feet on the pegs, as opposed to the instep. I'm not talking about moving your inside foot back for the duration of a corner but both feet all the time?

Noel

Yep, that would be me, but at under 5'8" tall and with a 29" inside leg measurement, I don't have an issue with cramped legs on a FJ  :sarcastic: :sarcastic: My feet are only ever on the pegs at instep for changing gear, or operating the rear brake.
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Millietant

I have a one-legged friend, Neil (lost his leg when he fell off his RD 200 and went under a bus, many years ago), who had a problem on the way back from the Le Mans 24hr race, as a pillion on a friends FJ1200 back in the early 1990's.

Having got back to the UK, when going straight over a painted-on mini roundabout, he got bumped out of the seat and his false leg/foot came off the footpeg. It was inside his bib and brace leathers, with his boot on it. When the boot landed on the ground at about 30-40 mph, it got picked up, but because the leg was trapped inside the trousers, it just spun up behind Neil and came around in a big arc and hit the side of the rider's crash helmet....then dropped down to the road, got picked up again and spun around and hit him on the shoulder. An immediate emergency stop ensued  :sarcastic:. Neil was creased up and crying with laughter, even though it hurt his stump like hell !!!!

I nearly crashed from laughing, riding behind them watching it all happen. The rider (Kim) was really pissed off because the boot left a big mark on Kim's (expensive) new-for-the-trip, Ron Haslam replica, Arai crash helmet......happy days !!
Dean

andyoutandabout

life without a bike is just life

Millietant

What a fine bunch of FJ mates I had in those days - these photo's are from that 24hr race weekend, this thread got me thinking about digging them out......some might wish I hadn't bothered  :rofl2:

Kim, the rider on his FJ, with some of the group (thankfully I'm behind the camera  :sarcastic:)

Who's going to get the cheap wine and beer??

Me and Kim deciding how to get back to Le Havre

Dean

Motofun

Noel
[/quote]
99% of the time, except if I'm stuck on the interstates.  Only way I'm comfortable.  I get scared watching somebody in front with duck feet in the twisties...
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1