News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

WCR Potato Cannon Update

Started by Marsh White, April 14, 2010, 10:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsh White

I have made a new addition to the WCR Potato Cannon: a 2.8 million volt stun gun ignition with a 6 LED super bright light.  I just finished it tonight!  I'll get better pics up when daylight comes - these were taken with my cellphone camera.  I went through 2 stun guns...I ended up blowing up the first one...  :pardon:

Feature list includes:
- propane powered
- computer fan air/gas mixer
- 2.8 million volt ignition
- rechargeable batteries - custom socket to recharge
- lighted switches for the light and the "Master Arm" switch
- Red LED to show when computer fan is spinning
- 6 LED super bright light
- PSI gauge for proper fuel pressure
- new paintjob with 3M reflective flakes for night time fun
- easy breach load
- breaks down into 3 parts for easy carry on the FJ to the rallies

racerman_27410

how in the world did ya blow up a stun gun ?

was there personal shockage involved?

and where exactly is the computer fan mounted?

i like it!

Kookaloo go B O O M!  :good2:

Marsh White

Quote from: racerman_27410 on April 14, 2010, 11:22:56 PM

I never got shocked by the stun gun - but I did get "bit" by 120 line voltage from a household socket while assembling...all the way up my left arm.  :wacko3:

Little did I realize that the tip of a soldering iron actually carries a current from the outlet it is plugged into.  I happened to be in the VERY rare situation to find this out.  I was soldering a connection on the plug I made in the housing to recharge the stun gun's batteries.  I had it plugged in and charging the stun gun's batteries at the same time - and it was plugged into the same power strip that the soldering iron was plugged into.  Big mistake!  VERY big POW!!!  The spark was so bright I was halfway blind for 10 minutes.  I thought the tip of a soldering iron was just heated...I did not know it actually has voltage going to it.... :yes:

The computer fan is in the base of the main chamber...you can see the red wire going to it from the box in pic #2.

LA Mike

Quote from: Marsh White on April 14, 2010, 11:45:37 PM
Quote from: racerman_27410 on April 14, 2010, 11:22:56 PM

I never got shocked by the stun gun - but I did get "bit" by 120 line voltage from a household socket while assembling...all the way up my left arm.  :wacko3:

Big mistake!  VERY big POW!!!  The spark was so bright I was halfway blind for 10 minutes.  I thought the tip of a soldering iron was just heated...I did not know it actually has voltage going to it.... :yes:

If I knew you were going to almost kill yourself I would have kept the cannon until the WCR.... or at least been there to see you shock yourself :rofl:

LA Mike

Harvy

Quote from: Marsh White on April 14, 2010, 11:45:37 PM
I did get "bit" by 120 line voltage from a household socket while assembling...all the way up my left arm.  :wacko3:

Little did I realize that the tip of a soldering iron actually carries a current from the outlet it is plugged into.  I happened to be in the VERY rare situation to find this out.  I was soldering a connection on the plug I made in the housing to recharge the stun gun's batteries.  I had it plugged in and charging the stun gun's batteries at the same time - and it was plugged into the same power strip that the soldering iron was plugged into.  Big mistake!  VERY big POW!!!  The spark was so bright I was halfway blind for 10 minutes.  I thought the tip of a soldering iron was just heated...I did not know it actually has voltage going to it.... :yes:

Are you and Klavdy going for the shocking stories of the year award Marsh........I think his carries a bit more weight voltage wise, but yours is a good attempt!
:lol: :lol:

Harvy

FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.