News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2019 West Coast Rally: Where do you want to go?

Started by Pat Conlon, June 29, 2018, 12:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*IF* you are going, where do you prefer?

Hayfork, CA, Bar 717 Ranch
9 (64.3%)
Willits, KOA
1 (7.1%)
Other (post specifics)
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Flynt

Quote from: Flynt on November 10, 2018, 07:21:34 PM
Quote from: Pat Conlon on November 10, 2018, 04:20:00 PM
Wait as long as you want, it's fine with me, I have no dog in this hunt.

I'll call and check it out...  

Quick update:

Just talked to Kent at Bar 717...  he's the guy on the other end when Marsh arranged this venue for the '12 WCR, so we're a well understood motorcycle gang and they're open to having us again... :rofl:

Basic rundown I asked for was:

20-25 bikes, maybe 30-35 people (might be optimistic, but let's start conservative)
Most arrivals Thursday night (5/30/19), but no meal required...  just a fire in the group dining area.
Friday/Saturday - breakfast, take away lunch, and dinner with evening fire in dining area
Sunday (6/2/19) - breakfast and late checkout

Kent will develop a proposal for us.  Like last time we'll try to get everyone's in/out times and meals accounted for to some extent, but this sort of package deal is always better for those that take the whole package and don't try to pick it apart.  I'm also willing to be the single contact point for Kent (at his request)...  getting everyone's details and payment settled so Kent doesn't end up talking to 25 people.  This role sucks, but someone's got to do it.  I'll be a bit more brutal than Marsh was however...  deadlines with consequences I'll publish in advance.  As long as information and monies are delivered per schedule everything will be handled.  Exceptions will likely be dismissed...  unless of course I'm trying to build a hotel in your country and need a favor.  :diablo:

Those that attended Hayfork last time can attest to how comprehensive it was.  RPM's Fall rally is the closest thing I've been to and this one has more group time with communal meals and a nice gathering area with fireplace in case the rain does make for a short day.  It will be on the expensive side, but I believe the convenience and the resulting focus on riding the bikes and enjoying the community is worth the premium.  If I remember right, my bill for the 3 nights described above was $275 or so...  let's see where we come in this time.

Next update when I have numbers for everyone...  I told Kent we want to have this option fleshed out for a vote within a week or two.

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

Flynt

Quote from: ZOA NOM on November 12, 2018, 11:41:45 AM
Looks like an interesting place. Lots to do. I might pack a fishing pole and see if I can drag a couple trout out of the Trinity river.

Looks like new construction going on...

That's the new kitchen and outdoor dining area.  It was pretty nice before, but definitely well worn.  This new facility will be open by our visit (hopefully)...

Frank

ZOA NOM

That's great news, thanks for your efforts, Frank. I've already scheduled my leave...
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

andyoutandabout

life without a bike is just life

Tuned forks

1990 FJ1200-the reacher
1990 FZR 1000-crotch rocket

Flynt

Quote from: Flynt on December 01, 2018, 02:20:48 PM

Next update when I have numbers for everyone...

Frank

I'm running a bit behind getting the numbers nailed down, but Kent is working with me on the announcement for the group now...  should have something within a day or two.

The basic offering is sounding pretty good though...

Accommodations available Thursday 5/30 - Sunday 6/2 (6/3 checkout), 2 night minimum
3 levels of accommodation from camping to guest rooms
Breakfast and Dinner each day with carry off lunch (meals optional, but highly recommend)
Excellent, new group gathering area with fireplace for meals and evening activities
Route suggestions from Kent, a MC rider very familiar with the area

More on Hayfork Bar 717 Ranch to follow soon...

Should somebody be checking out KOA availability in case Hayfork doesn't work out?  I'm not reserving spots in Willits KOA or anything like that...  I think the Bar 717 pricing will be very reasonable, but that's a matter of opinion and it may be more than some want to spend.  Or possibly the location won't appeal to some. Who's going to head up Plan B?

Frank

andyoutandabout

I've much faith in your plan A, so plan B seems superfluous. Bar 717 with three levels of accommodation should fit all sizes, even cheapskates like me, who'll (you guessed it) be camping. Nice job Frank. It's good to see you're putting your retirement time to proper use.
life without a bike is just life

Flynt

Quote from: andyoutandabout on December 28, 2018, 10:34:39 PM
I've much faith in your plan A, so plan B seems superfluous. Bar 717 with three levels of accommodation should fit all sizes, even cheapskates like me, who'll (you guessed it) be camping. Nice job Frank. It's good to see you're putting your retirement time to proper use.

OK everyone...  here's the rundown in a new polling thread so we can see if we have enough interest to make Hayfork happen.  Here's the link to the poll: http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=18337.msg184950#msg184950.

I'll answer questions in the new thread...  c'ya

Frank

T Legg

Ian and I would like to go, but I have to keep in touch with customers while I am gone.How is the cell phone coverage in that area ?Or is there any coverage at all? 
T Legg