ECFR 2017 Sept 15-17th, Tellico Plains, TN

Started by ddlewis, June 20, 2017, 08:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojorisun

Is there any consideration of moving the Rally location due to Hurricane Irma?

carey

Quote from: mojorisun on September 09, 2017, 12:14:59 AM

No.  I'll be there.

rvnmaniac

Quote from: mojorisun on September 09, 2017, 12:14:59 AM

Your kidding right...........
"GO RAVENS"

Capn Ron

Road report from the area...

I rode in on Friday night and camped in Robbinsville.  I rode the Tail from the Robbinsville side out and back again at around 9:30am on Saturday and basically had the road to myself.  Did come up on a minivan going slow and figured as much, but quickly realized he was stuck behind two guys on Harleys!  I made quick work of passing them up and was in the clear.

I then had some lunch in town and did the Cherohala Skyway, Tail, Fontana Dam Loop and WOW...what a ride!  The Cherohala going west is PERFECT pavement and my average speeds reflected that.  From the peak, the road was *slightly* degraded for about two miles...but that's like complaining about the glovebox in a Ferrari...  the remainder was excellent pavement!  I finally ran into a group of Harleys in the last two miles to the Deals Gap Resort and pulled over to give myself some road to play on.  I caught up to them again just before the resort.  Seems everyone had a casual pace on the Fontana Dam section, but were usually happy to let me by.  Great loop!

I left camp this morning heading out on the Dragon and although the road and traffic was great, I wasn't feeling it and took it slow.  I finally woke up a couple hours later when I found myself on the "Kentucky Rattlesnake".  About 40 miles of the 192 through the Daniel Boone forest that was awesome!!!  It had ONE turn with a slight crack...and that was it.  Simply beautiful!

Hope you all enjoy your time there...I seem to be riding a couple of days ahead of Irma!!
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

gdfj12

I've got beef jerky! We'll be there on Wed. morning'ish.

George
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

DR.GTS.DUCATI.FAZER Dave

All, I understand you likely have accommodations already, This year, the campground did not get reserved due to location changes. The campground had a full booking that cancelled last night and now has cabins, tent and RV sites open amd an empty pavilion for the nightly gatherings.  Call in and book if you wish.  Troy and Sheila stopped in last night and are in the Tellico Rafter Road cabins as they are each year.

Have safe travels and I hope to see you here.
What haven't I owned, 201 different motorcycles in my life and never a Harley.

Currently
(2) FJ1200
(2) XT500
(4) 1993 Yamaha GTS1000
(4) 1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer
(2) 1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
1970's Husquavarna WR250
1974 Ossa 250 Phantom
1976 Ossa 250 Phantom
1998 Kawasaki KX250
1995 Du

Bill_Rockoff

Eh, Hurricane Irma in Tellico Plains would have been about like riding during a 25th percentile Boone rally.

I'm gonna have to miss this one. I'll be going to Florida to help my mom take care of a few things. George & Kris, our kids are probably too old for us to arrange a play date, but it's awesome you're bringing Alex. Andrew may show up for evenings and/or a couple days this weekend, he specifically chose his work location (Rome GA) because of its proximity to all those great motorcycle roads.

Enjoy, the weather looks sensational.
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once