News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Best ATV

Started by vegetta58, January 20, 2017, 12:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vegetta58

My 2 girls want 4-wheelers. There 9 and 10. From what I've been reading is that the Kawasaki Bayou 220 is the toughest and easiest to ride. Need some thoughts and suggestions. Thanks Mickey

1990 FJ 1200                                                        1999 Dyna Super Glide Sport FXDX

carey

I've owned 2 different 220 Bayous.  They are reliable and easy to drive for a 2WD unit.  They have reverse, electric start along with pull start.

It may be a little big for 9 and 10 year olds. Have you looked at any smaller 80-110 cc units?  Kymco makes a good one for a non-Big Four manufacturer.

vegetta58

Thanks. I want to get one thats going to last. I know people that bought those off brands and they were junk. 1 broke 1st day and second one in a week.
1990 FJ 1200                                                        1999 Dyna Super Glide Sport FXDX

carey

Locally, a lot of Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki dealers also sell Kymco.  They seem to be well built, not like some of the other off brands.

vegetta58

Just picked up a Bayou 250. I think its a 2008 for $800.00 in great shape. Going Saturday to get  another one in even better shape. its amazing the prices you can get on these machines that seem to last forever. :yahoo: