Previous topic - Next topic

FJ1100mjk

Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

racerrad8

Randy - RPM

Mike Ramos

It probably has something to do with the  Midget...

Wait 'till his folks hear bout this....!

red

Randy,

Forget the size, that one is just a put-down, from arrogant and "superior" people.  I question the need for it here, at all.  If I might quote the webpage:

Facepalming

A hand shown pressing against the head of a person, commonly written as facepalm.
Used to display frustration or embarrassment at the ineptitude of a person or situation.

Now I believe that "uneducated" is entirely fixable, and a friendly group will try to make that happen.
Elitism and arrogance are not.

Cheers,
Red
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

ribbert

Quote from: red on February 05, 2017, 02:32:26 PM
Randy,

Forget the size, that one is just a put-down, from arrogant and "superior" people.  I question the need for it here, at all.  If I might quote the webpage:

Facepalming

A hand shown pressing against the head of a person, commonly written as facepalm.
Used to display frustration or embarrassment at the ineptitude of a person or situation.

Now I believe that "uneducated" is entirely fixable, and a friendly group will try to make that happen.

Cheers,
Red

That's an odd take on it Red, unless someone has personally offended you with it. I would have said it was used almost exclusively in the context of self effacing humour.

I have been described on the forum using such words as ignorant, odious, hostile, impudent, recreant, puerile, narcissist, condescending, specious, Machiavellian, hubris, ad hominem attack, arrogant, pompous, exaggerate, misleading...some of which are particularly nasty, and they're just the ones I can remember. I have been told to "Shut the fuck up", referred to as "dumb shit from downunder", "full of shit most of the time", been personally discredited in an attempt to influence a discussion and so on. Unprovoked and all from people I had never even correspondended with, most of whom I still haven't. Then there's the PM's......

Nah Red, if members here want to offend someone they don't muck around with anything as subtle as a face palming emoji.   

Personally, I think a smiley face followed by "Fuck You" would do a much better job, removes any doubt :biggrin:

IMO

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

FJ1100mjk

Cast your vote if you want it gone, or not.

Quote from: ribbert on February 06, 2017, 06:21:16 AM
Quote from: red on February 05, 2017, 02:32:26 PM
Randy,

Forget the size, that one is just a put-down, from arrogant and "superior" people.  I question the need for it here, at all.  If I might quote the webpage:

Facepalming

Cheers,
Red

That's an odd take on it Red, unless someone has personally offended you with it. I would have said it was used almost exclusively in the context of self effacing humour.

I have been described on the forum using such words as ignorant, odious, hostile, impudent, recreant, puerile, narcissist, condescending, specious, Machiavellian, hubris, ad hominem attack, arrogant, pompous, exaggerate, misleading...some of which are particularly nasty, and they're just the ones I can remember. I have been told to "Shut the fuck up", referred to as "dumb shit from downunder", "full of shit most of the time", been personally discredited in an attempt to influence a discussion and so on. Unprovoked and all from people I had never even correspondended with, most of whom I still haven't. Then there's the PM's......

Nah Red, if members here want to offend someone they don't muck around with anything as subtle as a face palming emoji.  

Personally, I think a smiley face followed by "Fuck You" would do a much better job, removes any doubt :biggrin:

IMO

Noel
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

Flynt

There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

Mike Ramos

Exactly Frank!

It's all in good fun - not a put down to anyone - I would suggest a bit of humor, especially self effacing humor.

Heck, take me for example... uh, no better not!

Now, if it was an oil thread, tire air pressure thread or the best type of tire thread.... well ....

Based on ecclesiastical authority, I would reckon the only subject actually settled is regarding the USD's... 

So have fun, keep contributing and keep smiling!

And of course always ride safe!

Midget

Pat Conlon

no, no, Mike, I tells ya and I tells ya, it's the babes!
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

ribbert

"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"