News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

2017 Central Rally - 8/11-13/2017

Started by FJ1100mjk, October 24, 2016, 07:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ1100mjk

Dates for the 2017 Midwest/Central Rally are now: 08/11 - 08/13 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

Location for the 2017 Midwest/Central Rally: The Round Barn Lodge, E4830 US-14, Spring Green, WI 53588

The owners of The Round Barn Lodge are keeping a block of rooms at the lodge, for the dates above. I told them the group's name is FJowners, so let them know you're with this group.

Regarding rooms and rates, here's what I was sent by their Reservation Desk:

"We don't have exact pricing for 2017 yet but based on this year's rates, a room with 2 queen beds is $101.00 plus tax a night and a room with 1 king bed is $111.00 plus tax a night without any discounts for AAA, AARP or seniors."

IF you desire a cheaper room, they also own a no-tell motel type place across the street from the main lodge. I've stayed there when all the rooms were booked at the main lodge, and they were all that were left. The rooms reflect the cheaper rate, and they're a place to flop for the night. Ask about them, if you are interested. There's also the chance they don't own this motel anymore, because I didn't discuss it with them, and I stayed there three years or so ago.

Thanks for your support.  :good2:
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

TexasDave

Wouldn't mind a rally in the Wisconson Dells area. Very pretty country side. But the Don Q Inn? Hadn't planned on the rally becoming a romantic interlude. Is there mirrors on the ceilings?

Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

rlucas

Mirrored ceilings or not, you can count me in. I'm in Illinois about 100 miles straight west of Chicago.

rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

1tinindian

"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

giantkiller

86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

charleygofast

I'm 15 miles north from Wi Dells, Dodgeville is roughly 40 mi. south of the Dells area. there are several campgrounds in the Dells area that are Motorcycle friendly and yes there are lots of great roads around here. I'm in...pending dates.                                                                                                                                  Charley.
1984 Yamaha FJ 1100
1981 Yamaha XS 650
1985 Suzuki SP 600F
1979 Yamaha XS 1100                                                                      2015 Kawasaki KLR 650

aviationfred

This looks very promising. Count me in.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

rlucas

We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

TexasDave

On no----we are not going all the way to La Crosse. They have more breweries than churches in that town.    :biggrin:

Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Capn Ron

Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

1fasteffjay

I would totally be up for a Wisconsin Rally being I live in Minnesota!!! I'm sure my dad would also be interested...

If you guys wanted I could ride out to hwy 33, scope it out and report back. I live near Rochester MN and Lacrosse is about two hours east of me.

I was looking for a reason to ride 400 miles this weekend anyway  :yes:

Jamie

1986 fj1200 in the works

Neoday2

YES! Count me in too!  Another Minnesota native here.  I was going to head out to this area a little over a week ago but ended up going north instead.  I have always wanted to explore this area more!  But totally agree, this part of Wisconsin is way beautiful.  It is still only a "day" ride from home- this time I can do it during normal daylight hours.
Rally # 2 - here I come! :yahoo:
1989 FJ1200

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on October 24, 2016, 07:46:31 AM
No dates, or cemented lodging, just throwing it out for discussion. Wouldn't be surprised if there was no interest though.

Plenty of good riding (considering the area) around.

Possible HQ

Good bit of interest early-on. Good to see.

Did a little research for lodging...

Stayed here twice for two motorcycle events. Great owners. The barN on the premises is a good time, and you can stumble back to your cabin.

http://www.pvlc.com

A real motorcycle lodge

http://www.bluehighwaymotorcyclelodge.net

"Bikers Welcome!"

http://www.driftlesslodge.com/home

Stayed here twice for a couple of sport tour rallies, and the Shitty Barn Sessions is close by. Cribshitter played there in August  :good2:

http://www.theroundbarnlodge.com

http://www.shittybarnsessions.com

Take a look, and post some comments regarding accommodations and amenities (fire ring). Need to mind their reservation and cancellation policies too.

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

FJ1100mjk

Quote from: charleygofast on October 24, 2016, 10:20:30 AM
I'm in...pending dates.                                                                                                                                 
Charley.

Either 08/04 - 08/06, or 08/11 - 08/13. These are the weekends that the Sturgis Rally is for 2017, and having the FJ rally on either, would cut down on the amount of rolling roadblocks that may be encountered on the Wisconsin backroads we'd ride on.

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

aviationfred

The logic of the weekend dates picked is perfect.  :good:

Having never been to south western Wisconsin, what are the typical noon to 5pm temperatures?
I know in south Central Kansas, temperatures during this time of year are typically in the upper 90's to low 100's.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor