News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

New (to me) ride - '81 Yamaha IT250

Started by Dads_FJ, October 18, 2016, 08:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charleygofast

Whad I tell ya!!! I'm jealous. I got two sets of ice tyres in my shop and nothing to put 'em on cus they're all 19s! I do plan on a little ride tomorrow on my KLR. the back roads(gravel)  are pretty clear now and I wanna try out my new go-pro hero. More on that later...yee haw!                                            Have fun John!                                                                                                                                                                                         Charley
1984 Yamaha FJ 1100
1981 Yamaha XS 650
1985 Suzuki SP 600F
1979 Yamaha XS 1100                                                                      2015 Kawasaki KLR 650

ribbert

Quote from: Dads_FJ on January 05, 2017, 10:25:50 PM
Took it out for a spin New Years Eve.  What a gas.

Then we went 'tubing'

What a great shot!

What happens to the bike when the tube swings out to one side (with the weight of the rider)? We don't do this in Australia.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Dads_FJ

Quote from: ribbert on January 06, 2017, 07:27:55 AM
Quote from: Dads_FJ on January 05, 2017, 10:25:50 PM
Took it out for a spin New Years Eve.  What a gas.

Then we went 'tubing'

What a great shot!

What happens to the bike when the tube swings out to one side (with the weight of the rider)? We don't do this in Australia.

Noel

Thanks!

Not a big deal if the rope is kept it taught but if there's slack it will yank the rear-end out from under you.  That happened at low speed when I was on the tube and my 16 year old was on the bike...  With my mass about twice as much as his I saw it coming and was rolling off the tube - but wasn't fast enough.  It was more of a tip-over than a 'crash'.  It got easier as the day went, we were playing in the cold for well over 3 hours.
John S.

'84 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'92 Yamaha TDM850
'80 BMW R100S/Sidecar
'81 Yamaha IT250(H)
'77 Yamaha IT175(D)
'39 BSA WM20