News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

1989 fj1200 idle problem

Started by jagcofj, June 27, 2016, 02:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagcofj

Quote from: FJmonkey on June 30, 2016, 07:22:59 AM
The two empty fittings I believe are bowl vents. The hoses just hang down with the over flow tubes and do not connect to anything. The 90 degree hose barb on the air box goes to a vertical hose barb on top of the crank case. it looks like the hose is shown in the upper image just behind, below and to the right of the carbs. The heat shield has hole for this hose to pass through.

Thanks fjmonkey,  It looks to me the seller of the bike,  just through the carbs on the bike to sale it. freaken bolts missing on the carbs. idle adjustment  not even screw to the carbs.

jagcofj

I'm up and running, thanks to the guy's that help me.   

jagcofj

Can any 1 tell me what are these wires for. There on the right side of the bike brown and black wires.

FJmonkey

Flux Capacitor upgrade???

That might be for an emissions feature. If so then it will have power with the bike on and no power when off. I am using mine to power my heated grips. That way I won't kill my battery if I fail to turn them off.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Tuneforkfreak

Quote from: jagcofj on June 30, 2016, 11:03:42 AM
Quote from: FJmonkey on June 30, 2016, 07:22:59 AM
The two empty fittings I believe are bowl vents. The hoses just hang down with the over flow tubes and do not connect to anything. The 90 degree hose barb on the air box goes to a vertical hose barb on top of the crank case. it looks like the hose is shown in the upper image just behind, below and to the right of the carbs. The heat shield has hole for this hose to pass through.

Thanks fjmonkey,  It looks to me the seller of the bike,  just through the carbs on the bike to sale it. freaken bolts missing on the carbs. idle adjustment  not even screw to the carbs.

I learned that a little blue locktite is a good idea on those screws, after my first ride my carbs looked the same exact way as yours, screws falling out all over the place. This bike must vibrate or something  :shok: man you got a nice set of vacuum gauges, those are sweet.
Yamahas from my past,
IT465, IT200, YZ80. 350Warrior, Kodiak400, Kodiak450,
Various others include
XR600, KX500, KDX200, ATC250R, ATC350X, ATC 200S
Currently ride
FJ 1200 , DRZ400, Yamaha Viking, Suzuki Samurai dirt mobile

weymouth399

Wednesday night beer/bike night, local Fj knowledge just saying. Interstate trailer sales Topsham.

Bob w
84 FJ 1100
86 FJ1200
89 FJ1200
5  FJ POWERED race cars
76 LB80 Chappy
93 KX500 ice for sale
00 KX500 ice/dirt
04 KDX220 dirt for sale
04 KX500 ice
08 KLX450 ice/road
72 CT90x2 for sale

jagcofj

Quote from: jagcofj on June 30, 2016, 09:49:18 PM
Can any 1 tell me what are these wires for. There on the right side of the bike brown and black wires.

Thanks, your right i check for power this morning works off the key switch.  I have volt meter, I would like to install it on the bike.

Whats the is the best gps power adapter to use and a gps mount.   

I had a vmax, I sold it few months ago it has gotten uncomfortable after a car accident me was in. I miss riding motorcycles so started looking at let of bikes but had to be comfy over a 4 gallons gas tank and have a gas gauge.

Bikes I narrow it down to a bandit, gpz1100, fj1200. I was able to test ride the fj1200 and the bandit.  fj was comfy "O" the dealer that had the fj1200 1988 with 25000 miles on it he was trying to get $5200.00.

Moto1te

Nice looking bike. I think I saw it on eBay. Good luck with it !!  And YES...SWEET set of vac gauges !!!
1989 - FJ1200

jagcofj

Quote from: Moto1te on July 04, 2016, 12:05:48 PM
Nice looking bike. I think I saw it on eBay. Good luck with it !!  And YES...SWEET set of vac gauges !!!

thanks, the gauges i bought of off amazon 5 years ago i paid $62.00 at that time.