News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Won't pull over 6G

Started by N Z FJ1200, June 05, 2016, 08:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N Z FJ1200

Thanks that looks very familiar but have put in non jdm speedometer have eradicated all speed limiter wire between computer chip on side of speedometer and igniter  now it won't rev out past 6g
1993 fj1200
If you ain't riding you ain't living

aj52

Hi there

Mine does the same as yours,cutting out at 6g.
Only difference is that mine is open in 1st and 2nd gears.
If mine does it in first,I hit the kill switch and fire it up again,then it is clean in 1st and 2nd,but from
3rd it stays at cutting at 6g.
Would like to know what is causing it.

Hannes
Current:                              
1991 FJ 1200 ABS
1991 FJ 1200

ct7088

Where did the wires from the circuit board go? One to power, one to the igniter and two to the lamp/photocell? The wire going to the igniter probably either went to ground or switched 12 volts when the light was masked by the metal disc. Like the one from the link which had been cut away allowing an increase in speed.                   

Now the problem is RPM related not speed related. Did the bike run fine before the speedometer change?

You changed the igniter is there a part number difference between the original and the replacement?

Does anyone out there have a schematic for a Japanese FJ? We don't know the differences between the two harnesses and replacing the existing harness with a different one could create more problems. Are you in New Zealand? There are some differences between Australian and U.S. bikes.

Chris

Chris

N Z FJ1200

The wires brown power black earth blue red and green blue to ignitor
Still have original ignitor
1993 fj1200

N Z FJ1200

Bike ran fine before speedo change I have wiring diagram for both US and UK models all bikes in to Australia and New Zealand were one of these designations so hence I think replacing wiring loom would be beneficial 
Also how many relays are up front under fairing on these
1993 fj1200

N Z FJ1200

:dance:
Well finally the bike is all go so here is a quick overview of what I have done
Replaced speedo with 260 k one ,rebuilt carbs new kits from randy, tossed airbox and put on dual pods once again from rand, trashed wiring loom and replaced with good second hand one this new wiring loom fixed all my problems with being stranded at 6g  have also repainted the tank painted the motor put on new mufflers and new tail light x randy  so am now all ready for the next big bike weekend here in New Zealand which starts 24th November (Burt Munro Challenge)  so that's about it at this stage below are some photos
1993 fj1200