News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

R.I.P. Eric McClellan 11/25/15 (Yamifj1200)

Started by racerman_27410, November 25, 2015, 03:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zwartie

Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Zwartie
Ben Zwart
London, ON
1992 FJ1200
1977 KZ200

rvnmaniac

That's some crap......... The man beats medical issues and dies at work?  Rode that bike like he stole it and now he's gone. This is hard to fathom.
"GO RAVENS"

markmartin

That's terrible. My condolences go out to his family and friends.  I know he was a good friend to a bunch of you and I am sorry for your loss. He helped me out a few times over the years and I always appreciated his advice.

RIP

FJscott

Eric reached out to me when I was newbie and planning the FZ1 swing arm and forks on my bike. We spoke on the phone numerous times and he was a great deal of help. My prayers are with his Wife And Son. My condolences to Frankie, Dean, Carey, Danny, Randy and all the East coasters that enjoyed Eric's friendship.

Making the Rally's have always been s priority with me, none more than this next one.

RIP Eric

Scott

aviationfred

I never had a chance to meet Eric. My condolences go out to his family and friends.  RIP Eric

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

Mark Olson

Sad news , he will be greatly missed.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

Capn Ron

An FJ brother I didn't have the pleasure to meet...Through the outpouring support I've been reading, he was a friend to many here and that speaks volumes about the person he was.  I can't imagine the loss his loved ones are feeling...To try and make sense of this tragedy is likely overwhelming.  Hopefully, some peace will come from knowing he was loved by many and will be remembered fondly.
Cap'n Ron. . .

There are two types of people in the world...Those who put people into categories...and those who don't.

rlucas

Holy shit. I just don't know what to say.

I don't have a lot of close friends, but Eric and I kinda bonded the first time I met him in Boone, '05 or '06. I always felt like there was a connection there, even though we didn't see each other that often. He will be sorely missed. Now I regret even more that we didn't get to see him this spring.

In memory, I'm gonna change my sig line to my favorite Derek Magellan quote: "Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did."

Vaya con dios.

rossi
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

rlucas

We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

FJmonkey

It is quite clear he touched many lives, I did not get the pleasure of meeting him. My heart goes out to his family and all affected by his sudden departure from this world.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

ZOA NOM

Shit. I hate these threads, no matter which forum. God Bless, and stay safe fellas. We only get one lap.
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

ddlewis

Quote from: rlucas on November 26, 2015, 06:18:36 AM
In memory, I'm gonna change my sig line to my favorite Derek Magellan quote: "Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did."

rossi

Nice Rock.  See below for my all time favorite Eric one liner..  He said this (dryly) to Frank after watching him fall off his XT.  He was a funny guy and a good friend.  I sure will miss him.

Troyskie

1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

gearheadstu

What a hell of a loss, my thoughts are definitely with his family.

I have so, so many fond memories of fireside chats with Eric over the years. It is no exaggeration to say that he is the reason I still ride. One year at Boone i started having doubts about continued riding, fearing I was on the wrong side of the risk/reward curve. His "you may be faster, but you weren't having more fun" philosophy was exactly what I needed to hear. If I am honest, it is a lesson I'm still trying to fully absorb.

I was really looking forward to more fireside philosophy with him. He will be missed.
Stu

theLeopard

Quote from: ZOA NOM on November 26, 2015, 10:20:09 AM
Shit. I hate these threads, no matter which forum. God Bless, and stay safe fellas. We only get one lap.
hear here.

1992 FJ1200

Quote from: George"It is What It Is Until It Ain't Anymore"