News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

The new adventure

Started by roverfj1200, November 07, 2015, 06:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roverfj1200

Well time is closing in a my next adventure. Will spend a few weeks riding down the east coast of Australia trying to catch as much dirt as I can. I've spent a lot of time gathering info and gps files. I have put together a master file of day rides and off shoots. Will be asking locals for more as I travel. Have planned about 2500km one way at this stage with about the same return. The bike is ready and waiting will travel pretty light to keep offroad riding easier. Covering dirt from Brisbane, Glenn Innes, Kandos. Wee jasper, Jindabyne, Barry way and west to my old stomping ground. Around Buller would like to spend a night on Mt Stirling. Well that's the plan and I can be flexible.
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

oldktmdude

G'day Richard, sounds like a great adventure mate. When are you planning to be in the Wee Jasper / Jindy area? May be able to catch up with you while you're down this way.
   I'm heading to the Vic High Country on Thursday  this week. Will be up there for six days of mountain riding. Can't wait! As soon as I get back I'll be re-fitting the knobbys to the TDM and will be keen for some dirt riding.
                                                                                        Regards, Pete. :drinks:
1985 FJ1100 x2 (1 sold)
2009 TDM 900
1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk11 (sold and still regretting it)
1979 Kawasaki Z650 (sold)
1985 Suzuki GSXR 400 x2 (next project)
2001 KTM 520 exc (sold)
2004 GasGas Ec300
1981 Honda CB 900 F (sold)
1989 Kawasaki GPX 600 Adventure

roverfj1200

Quote from: oldktmdude on November 07, 2015, 10:50:02 PM
   G'day Richard, sounds like a great adventure mate. When are you planning to be in the Wee Jasper / Jindy area? May be able to catch up with you while you're down this way.
   I'm heading to the Vic High Country on Thursday  this week. Will be up there for six days of mountain riding. Can't wait! As soon as I get back I'll be re-fitting the knobbys to the TDM and will be keen for some dirt riding.
                                                                                        Regards, Pete. :drinks:

Not to sure on the time frame but Tues 17th or Wed 18th. I will ring ya and let you know when I'm sure. Was thinking of heading your way 26thish ?????????

Cheers
1988 FJ1200
1991 FJ1200

Richard.

The General

`93 with downside up forks.
`78 XS11/1200 with a bit on the side.
Special edition Rocket Ship ZX14R Kwacka