News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Anybody know exactly what these clip ons are??

Started by Oxbow, October 08, 2015, 07:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxbow

I like them because they're straight rather than angled down. Super wide also

the fan

Exactly, No. The forks have a Yamaha R6  look to them (cap/adjuster) but I am do not recall one with silver coating and a grey adjuster.

Based on the casting marks on the clip ons These are most likely OEM parts and I suspect they are from the same bike as the forks.

The angle of the bars is not terribly hard to achieve with most of the OEM 0-rise clipons. You simply exchange the right and left hand parts and install them upside down. This is a common budget streetfighter mod as it raises the bars slightly and the flatter bars work well for the stunt crowd. Personally I find them to be very uncomfortable myself.

Several aftermarket clip on suppliers were offering 0 degree clip ons a few years ago as there was a movement at the time for flatter bars. I believe Vortex had these an an option. Apex still offers bars with adjustable angles to fine tune what you want and I bellieve that they can be sourced in both flat style and riser / adjustable riser.

Oxbow

Thank u very much The Fan. Very informative answer. I'm new to motorbikes so I'm learning everything from scratch. I'm sure I can find something il be happy with

the fan

No Problem. If you can get me additional pics of that bike or a link to the article I can probably narrow it down to what is there.

Oxbow

especially in this photo the bars look really wide. The photo is from street fighters.com Not much info on it. I think its from Dubai

great white

Whatever they are, it looks like he's switched the fork clamp parts left for right and vice versa. They look like they would be angled down if installed the other way, which would be the oem way.

Front rim looks Honda "cbr600rr-ish" to me. But that doesn't mean the forks are also honda....

great white