News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

What do you think this parts bike is worth?

Started by europe50, January 21, 2010, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

europe50

Hey guys,
I have a buddy who has this bike that he wants to sell it as a parts bike (Customer left at shop- No title). I have an 86' that doesn't really need anything, but I thought if I could get it cheap enough it might be worth having for extra parts.  :unknown:
The bike currently does not have the engine, rear tail wing and headlight bracket, the rest should be there as pictured.
So, what do you guys think it's worth?  :scratch_one-s_head:

Thanks!

Ratchet_72

Regardless what you pay for it, the tank alone could get you as much as 250-300 if its in really good exterior shape. Hell, keep the tank because finding a good one is a pain in the ass. Is the exhaust hangin out there? If all the plastic is 75-85% good (Tabs, minimum scratches, minimal fading, good stickers) try offering him $150-200. Keeping in mind that no ones really gonna want the wheels, but probably WILL want the discs.  Go from there and keep us informed.
Jason Cox
-------------------------------
2000 Honda CBR1100XX
1977 Ironhead
Sacto, CA.

VMS

There's a guy "selling" a seat on eBay for $5000.00, so it must be worth at least that!  :lol:
(I asked him if he knew he had it listed for $5,000...he said yes)
Jim Bucher
VMS Motorsports
1986 FJ1200
2 FJ powered Legends cars

europe50

I can get it for $400 (A little higher than expected), what do you guys think?

racerman_27410

Quote from: europe50 on January 21, 2010, 01:15:08 PM
I can get it for $400 (A little higher than expected), what do you guys think?

the upper fairing alone is worth more than that (if its in good non broken shape)

.....AND its no longer available from yamaha at any price.

KOokaloo!

VMS

Jim Bucher
VMS Motorsports
1986 FJ1200
2 FJ powered Legends cars

pdxfj

I'd buy it for $400.  You could do what George did and clean it up, then turn around and sell it for 4x what you paid for it. 

If there is no title, check with your DMV to find out how much of a PITA it'll be to get a title in your name.

If that bike was close to me, I'd take a day off work to go and get it. 

Harvy

I bought a parts '90 for AUS$600 a year or so ago.........made more than that selling it off.......and learned a good bit more about 'em while stripping it down.

If you have a pit of space in the shed.....well worth the $.

Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.