News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

Foot Pegs

Started by Todd85fj, June 13, 2015, 12:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantkiller

That's why I mounted mine up higher. Maybe Florida Steve could tell us how they work down there.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

Steve_in_Florida

Quote from: giantkiller on June 16, 2015, 06:06:57 PM
That's why I mounted mine up higher. Maybe Florida Steve could tell us how they work down there.

As I stated before, they were already on the bike when I got it, along with a set of clip-ons that have a 1" section added (slightly taller). It feels sort of like one of those Star Wars speeder bikes in Empire Strikes Back.

Can't remember if I had the Renntec crash bars on at the WCR last year or not.

Anyway, the pegs are partially obscured by the crash bars, and only about 2/3 of the peg is useable. The crash bars prevent them from folding back completely.

That said, they are still nice to have, and have yet to touch the ground in turns. Maybe I just don't lean as far as some of you crazy bastards! I try, but they haven't hit anything (yet).

If I wanted to wear my chin fairing on that bike, it would have to be modified with a cut-out for the pegs. Can't bring myself to desecrate such a coveted item, so it stays in the garage.

I can take some pictures if anyone would like to see the set-up.

Steve
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

Todd85fj

...Maybe I just don't lean as far as some of you crazy bastards! I try, but they haven't hit anything (yet).

[/quote]

Exactly!  LOL!

Todd85fj

Got them installed today.  I had to order the 3.5" M10x1.25 stud from one company and the 10x1.25 coupler from another.  Both shipped very quick.

Not that there is a ton of weight on the stud but I wanted to cover it to hopefully make it a bit stronger - plus I think it looks a bit nicer.  Headed to ACE Hardware and found some steel spacers.

jo-sommer

Wow, this looks...

... as if those pegs would be too far down for my style of drivin'.

Please report about the corners. How are those sparks looking?

Cheers Jo
having fun

Burns

Well, looks like the trip prep list just got a little longer.  This is a "must do"mod.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.

great white

That is a great idea for my 50+ year old knees.

I often find myself riding along with my left leg sticking out in front of me "dirt tracker style" trying to get the pain to go away.

I have a set on my Venture, but not a big fan of how they look on the FJ.

But function triumphs over form sometimes.....

Steve_in_Florida

My Harley Fat Boy has comfy floor boards.

I wonder if I could retro-fit comfy floor boards and heel/toe shifting to my FJ?

(popcorn)

...Nah!

Steve
`90 FJ-1200
`92 FJ-1200

IBA # 54823

Charlie-brm

I was asked if I could raise my passenger foot pegs. There are two holes in the bracket that are higher than the standard mounting hole but the casting is much thinner in that area. If you back up to page one of this thread there is an overhead photo showing those. The "middle" hole is a significantly larger diameter. Has anyone modified the passenger pegs to gain about an inch or more of rise? Mostly I'd be concerned about injury, if the bracket metal failed during a ride or from applying all their weight on one peg while mounting up.

And what are those two holes in the brackets for anyway?
If someone wants to see any images I refer to in posts, first check my gallery here. If no bueno, send me a PM. More than glad to share.
Current Model: 1990 FJ1200 3CV since 2020
Past Models: 1984 FJ1100 - 2012 to 2020
1979 XS750SF - 2005 to 2012

Pat Conlon

1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

aviationfred

Quote from: Charlie-brm on September 27, 2015, 02:35:49 PM
I was asked if I could raise my passenger foot pegs. There are two holes in the bracket that are higher than the standard mounting hole but the casting is much thinner in that area. If you back up to page one of this thread there is an overhead photo showing those. The "middle" hole is a significantly larger diameter. Has anyone modified the passenger pegs to gain about an inch or more of rise? Mostly I'd be concerned about injury, if the bracket metal failed during a ride or from applying all their weight on one peg while mounting up.

And what are those two holes in the brackets for anyway?

Charlie,

Maybe give these a try.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/FOR-Yamaha-YZF-R1-2000-2006-Multi-Step-Adjustable-Front-RED-Foot-Pegs-/311413444295?hash=item4881b00ec7#ht_3752wt_1809

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor