News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

reserve switch positions

Started by scotiafj, March 16, 2015, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotiafj

Hi just wondering which way is off on the a 3xw reserve switch ? thanks  :hi:

FJmonkey

If wired properly I think they are all the same. Pushing the rocker switch at the top so it snaps down will put you in the normal run position. Pushing the rocker switch at the bottom (snaps down) will engage the reserve function and allow you drain the tank dry.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

ribbert

Quote from: FJmonkey on March 16, 2015, 03:32:25 PM
If wired properly I think they are all the same. Pushing the rocker switch at the top so it snaps down will put you in the normal run position. Pushing the rocker switch at the bottom (snaps down) will engage the reserve function and allow you drain the tank dry.

Mark, I'm not near my bike at the moment, but isn't it the other way round?
Rocking the switchback towards the rider is the main tank and forward the reserve?

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

fj johnnie

FJmonkey

I might have it Bss Akwards, here is a pic from my '89. I removed the reserve switch from my '86 in place of heated grips so I can't say from experience what way the switch works. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks Fred, I failed to attach my pic...
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

aviationfred

Here is a photo of an '89 reserve switch.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

aussiefj

Quote from: fj johnnie on March 16, 2015, 06:48:56 PM
I do beleive Noel is correct.

I'm with Noel aswell, down at top is reserve.

John
"It's a fine, fine line between pleasure and pain" - the late great Chrissy Amphlett & Divinyls. Never truer than when you're pushing hard on the bike. A good song to keep in the back of your mind.