News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

1000 mile Iron Butt Saddle Sore on a 92 FJ

Started by karstenp, February 15, 2009, 03:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karstenp

Thanks Jake,

First attempt at writing something like this.....  Have to write technical reports at work but that style would be very uninteresting.....    "Then I went down the hwy for 125 kms, turned right, then I drove another 10 kms before executing a left turn on my to get gas.  The temperature outside was 10 degrees C and it was cold.........".  Well you get the picture!

Perry
92 FJ1200 - Ontario, Canada
07 FJR
IBA #411

Marsh White

Perry,

I also want to chime in that I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report...I could imagine in my head the places you were at!  VERY well written!  Great accomplishment as well!  Good on ya!

My personal best happened to be the 1st day of the ride to the 2005 Central Rally in Gunnison Colorado.  Klavdy and I left my house and we met up with 4 other FJers in Kingman AZ.  Had a long meal at a Denny's restaurant - and did all of the dicking around that comes with 6 riders riding together.  Klavdy and I still managed to put on 686 miles that day.

Videos to be found here:
http://www.fjrally.com/rallymovies.html

If you have not seen Klavdy's Rally Videos - they are something not to be missed! 

Here is a starter:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5462356629906847863

karstenp

Thanks Marsh,

Almost 700 miles in a day with a late start and riding with others is a real accompishment. 

Thanks for the link to Klavdy's rally videos.  I have seen some of his earlier videos and they are amazing.

Perry
07 FJR
IBA #411

Griffon

Hey Perry!

Great ride!  Congratulations! 

It reminds me about the 1450 kms ride I did from Whyteville to St-Jerome, Qc coming home after spending some time at Deal's Gap.  17.5 hrs and most of it under pouring rain, but lots of fun!  The camelback and an MP3 loaded with good music sure make a difference, I can tell you!

By the way my home town is at the door of the Laurentians... If you want to come one day I'll be more than happy to be your guide.  We have a couple of nice twisty roads around here, nothing like the Dragon but they're fun to ride!  Let me know.

Cheers!

Richard

karstenp

Thanks Richard.

1450kms in pouring rain.... I tip my hat to you!

I have always wanted to ride in your area.  May take you up on your offer.

Some other Quebec plans.... This year I plan on registering for the Rendevous Rally in Sept (starts east of Montreal).  I would also like to take the long trip north to Radisson Quecbec...... Why?...... because it is the farthest North you can go on paveds roads east of James Bay....  have not figured out how to make the stretch of 381 kms without gas.  Not sure I could squeeze 381kms out of the FJ tank.

Has anyone else here made the run to Radisson?

Perry
07 FJR
IBA #411