News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

3JagsSteve and FJMonkey

Started by FJmonkey, October 19, 2009, 01:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJmonkey

Nothing much to squawk about but Steve and I got our bikes out for a good ride today. We went North and had a nice ride up Bouquet Canyon to the reservoir then on to Palmdale for a quick bite and short rest. It was about 85 degrees but cooler riding through the over hanging trees along the small stream that parallels Bouquet Cyn. Steve and I took a few quick pics with my Crackberry as we stopped to tighten a loose fastener on our way back. Steve and I will try to get a few more rides in before the snow storms roll in and force us to change our rubber to spikes and paddles.   :shok:

Any SoCal riders want to get get a ride together, pipe up now and lets plan out some dates and routes.

Steve is the focused one with the cool beard and I am the one that looks like he just stepped in something and feels it squishing up between my toes. Lets go the Rock Store next weekend if its not snowing. 

Kookaloo!!!

The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

thuber3040

Is Steve's fj raised or is yours lowered, or is it just the years difference?
1985 FJ1100 Finally Home
1984 FJ1100 New purchase
1978 KZ1327
1973 H2

threejagsteve

Yes, indeed, a good time was had by all!

I can't speak for Mark's bike, but mine is up ~1" in the back through 5mm shorter dogbones, and down 1/4" in front (stanchion tubes raised in the triples), but the front may actually ride a little higher than stock due to the stiffer Progressive (brand and type) springs. I didn't measure static sag before I made the switch, but it's now noticeably less.

And yes, I'm open to LA-area ride suggestions. No blanket promises, but I'll entertain any and all proposals!

Cheers, and the duck says, "Kookaloo!"
"If you wanna bark with the big dogs, you can't pee with the puppies!"

simi_ed

I'm interested as well. gents.  I did Bouquet 10/11, then Lake Elizabeth Rd > Palmdale blvd >138 >Ft Tejon> Mt Emma, then back to Simi Valley.  Nice little ride, but the Forest Roads were closed, so Angeles Forest Highway and/or Crest were off limits.  I'm not available 2/4/25, but perhaps 31/1?
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

threejagsteve

Quote from: simi_ed on October 19, 2009, 01:22:04 PM

I'm interested as well. gents.  I did Bouquet 10/11, then Lake Elizabeth Rd > Palmdale blvd >138 >Ft Tejon> Mt Emma, then back to Simi Valley.  Nice little ride, but the Forest Roads were closed, so Angeles Forest Highway and/or Crest were off limits.  I'm not available 2/4/25, but perhaps 31/1?

Yes, we also took Lake Elizabeth Rd. into Palmdale but just had lunch, then turned around and came back.

You're not available 2/4/25? But that's the weekend of my 70th bday ride!  :rofl:

FJmonkey

Simi_Ed, my 86' is stock but the rear is original and likely wore out  :shok: (I need a Penske and 17' wheels in a bad way). Steve's bike looks taller with his stock screen so that might also add to the image.  Looks like Steve and I will take a B-Day ride and meet up with you at the end of the month. Mike from San Dimas might have his bike ready by then. We could have 4 FJ's....Does that make a mini rally? :good2:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

threejagsteve

Quote from: FJmonkey on October 19, 2009, 10:10:13 PM

Simi_Ed, my 86' is stock but the rear is original and likely wore out  :shok: (I need a Penske and 17' wheels in a bad way). Steve's bike looks taller with his stock screen so that might also add to the image.  Looks like Steve and I will take a B-Day ride and meet up with you at the end of the month. Mike from San Dimas might have his bike ready by then. We could have 4 FJ's....Does that make a mini rally? :good2:

Mark,

I know I'm a bit more cautious going into blind corners than I used to be, but you didn't think I rode like I'm that old, did you?
Ed said 2/4/25 = February 4, 2025! That's when my 70th bday ride will be! 

Now, if we're talking about the weekend of 24/25, Saturday would be better for me. As for the weekend of 31/1, it's too soon to tell, but likely I'll be able to spare one day or the other.

But yeah, let's all get together soon - even in SoCal, this weather ain't gonna last!

Cheers, and the duck says, "Kookaloo!"

simi_ed

There have been rumors about a mini West Coast Rally for a while ...  Nov 1 is probably better.
-- RKBA Regards,

Ed
===
Ed Thiele 
Simi Valley, CA -- I no longer have SoCal manners.
'89 FJ12C (Theft deterrent Silver/White)

- All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for
enough good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

LA Mike

Quote from: simi_ed on October 20, 2009, 11:44:01 AM
There have been rumors about a mini West Coast Rally for a while ...  Nov 1 is probably better.

What is this about a fall West Coast Rally.... who is spreading these obscene rumors. Ed it couldn't be you, this sound like something that Irishman in the desert might try to stir-up.  :biggrin:

Well if it's true and the day falls on the weekend if the 31st I AM IN :yahoo: I'm going to put on some new PIRELLI DIABLO's this week and do a little maintenance and I'll be ready to roll. This weekend is to busy for me to do anything.

Keep me posted,
LA Mike

threejagsteve

You guys that have jobs sort out the date amongst yourselves - whatever day you decide, I'll arrange things to fit.  :good2:

andyoutandabout

A rally you say?? Ooo ooo pick me, pick me.
Andy F
life without a bike is just life